ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Masters Qualifications - relevant to India only

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

veedal1234

Question on Masters Qualifications - relevant to India only

Post by veedal1234 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi All

I recently submitted my Tier 1 application (just got my biometrics registered).

The question I have is that for the purpose of claiming 35 points, I have submitted my PGDM transcripts and degree from IIM Ahmedabad. This has, in the past been accepted as a masters level qualification by NARIC (and is now in the PBS database).

Can I assume with a fair degree of confidence that this still holds true (and that UKBA standards for assessing these qualifications do not vary from caseworker to caseworker) ?

All constructive and helpful feedback is very welcome.

Regards

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:09 pm

If PBS calculator is giving you 35 points then you should be ok.

veedal1234

Post by veedal1234 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:30 pm

Thanks tall_funky

The PBS thing is a bit confusing though. When I select IIM Ahmedabad and two year masters degree course it says 35 points but if I select Post Diploma (which I assume is a Post Graduate Diploma) it says 0 points.

I guess I am just looking for ex IIM graduates to just share their experience - have they (you) all been able to claim 35 points based on the degree transcripts and a NARIC equivalence letter ?

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Below thread might shed some light:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=72355

Also, I'll wait for some seniors to comment!

veedal1234

Post by veedal1234 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:12 pm

@tall_funky

Thanks - I know you're trying to help but the link that you supplied just seems to imply that a qualification could be on PBS and have a NARIC letter and yet not get 35 points !! :)

Does that mean the assessment process still remains subjective ? I am getting slightly concerned about this now.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:28 pm

veedal1234 wrote:@tall_funky

Thanks - I know you're trying to help but the link that you supplied just seems to imply that a qualification could be on PBS and have a NARIC letter and yet not get 35 points !! :)

Does that mean the assessment process still remains subjective ? I am getting slightly concerned about this now.
Yes, it is subjective and beyond imagination to be honest.

I've seen cases where everything was OK but the application was refused.
Its another matter, when the same case goes for appeal in the court and judge says Appeal Allowed within minutes.