ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Tier2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ash8
BANNED

ILR - Tier2

Post by Ash8 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:00 pm

As per the recent news from Home office, it’s a bit confusing as the statement saysâ€

xyz123

Re: ILR - Tier2

Post by xyz123 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:48 pm

[quote="Ash8"]As per the recent news from Home office, it’s a bit confusing as the statement saysâ€

tall_funky
BANNED

Re: ILR - Tier2

Post by tall_funky » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:03 pm

[quote="Ash8"]As per the recent news from Home office, it’s a bit confusing as the statement saysâ€

milan_ns

Post by milan_ns » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:06 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Seems to me it's clear that UKBA intend to change settlement rights for those applying for T1/T2 after April - not before.

Of course, the salary requirements would apply current T1/T2/WP holders if the apply for settlement after April.

Ash8
BANNED

Post by Ash8 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Yes i meant 2012.
Thanks for all the info.

Ash8
BANNED

Post by Ash8 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:51 am

Further to my above query on tier 2 (general) visa, if one changes the employer now (i.e after new rules 6th april), will the person still be eligible to ILR in 5 years. There is still no clear instruction given by home office on settlement of Tier-2 (general) employer change after 6th april 2011. Based on the information available till now, I understand that as long as the person qualifies for the given conditions, salary, criminal convictions and tiem out of UK, he still is eligible for ILR in 5 years. Pleas confirm.
There is a statement as said before also "We will consult later in the year on further settlement reforms. However, those making applications for leave to enter or who are already in the UK and apply to switch into an alternative route on or after 6 April 2011 should be aware that the opportunity to apply for settlement and the requirements for applicants may change. Applicants will need to meet the rules in place at the time of their application for settlement.â€