ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHAT DO I DO

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EMILIA MILES
Newly Registered

WHAT DO I DO

Post by EMILIA MILES » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:53 pm

I got my RC for 5 yrs as an unmaried partner of an EU member almost 7 months ago.but our situation has now change as we are now married as Husband and wife about 2 months ago in church of England.Do I need to inform HO about this changes.is there any benefit attached to it? thanks.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:41 am

I don't think you need to do anything at the moment. You have already convinced UKBA that you are a family member of an EU citizen (as you have received a Residence Card). Your marriage doesn't change that; it only makes it easier to prove it again in the future, in case that would be necessary.

However, if you changed your name because of this marriage, you might inform them about that and ask if any action is needed.