ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Child's Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poshandbecks1
Newly Registered

Help with Child's Documents

Post by poshandbecks1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Hello Everyone, please I need serious advice, I cannot afford to get a lawyer and I have heard great comments about this forum.

Firstly,I accquired PR in January last year, My husband and I had a focus before we got married and spoke about kids and all, Suddenly, we got married and he decided he didnt want kids and that he wanted to focus on his carreer..I thought it was a joke initially but reality kicked in after a while. I decided to stay calm about it and focused on my work as well. three years into our marriage, I got a strange phone call from a lady he had been seeing, and she was pregnant for him.. he denied it initially and later confessed to me, I was really BITTER and I felt used because age is not on my side at all and I am the only child of my parents.. to cut the long story short, I started seeing someone because my mind was off the marriage. we were still living in the same house but there was now so much hatred and it was turning violent... I had to take it easy because he knew I was going to need his help to apply for PR, apparently I could have gone ahead with a divorce after 3 years of marriage but I didnt know...to cut the long story short, I got pregnant for another guy and had a baby whilst I was still married to my husband and I confessed to him and he went mad, he couldn't live with it, he said to me to get an abortion and i said no way. he eventually forgave me but there was no more love on both sides, I applied for my PR with his help and he wouldn't have any close contact with the child cos the child is not his own and he said to me not to put my child on the application form otherwise he will not sign it. so I didnt put my child. unfortunately, his real dad cannot apply for him because he is on work permit and we are no longer seeing each other.

My child was born in August 2008 in the U.K. and I applied for my PR in Dec 2008 and I didnt get it till January 2010. My husband is asking for a divorce now because he wants to move on.

please I will like to know if it is posibble to apply for BC for my child considering I have PR and if it is not possible, what can I do?
Thank you all in anticipation to your responses.

rinna
Newly Registered

Post by rinna » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:20 pm

poshandbecks1, you can go ahead and apply for BC for your son, so long as you can prove he is your son. You have to naturalise your son using form MN1.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:16 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

poshandbecks1
Newly Registered

Thanks guys.

Post by poshandbecks1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Thank you very much Rinna and Vinny, I am very grateful. You cannot believe how relieved I am.

Cheers.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:18 am

poshandbecks1 wrote:My child was born in August 2008 in the U.K. and I applied for my PR in Dec 2008 and I didnt get it till January 2010.
poshandbecks1 wrote:Hello all,
Please I want to apply for Naturalisation for my self and also register my child, I am a single parent and can't afford both fees at once I.e. Mine and my child's.
Please i will like to know if I can register my child first using MN1 form and then save up money to do mine later or is it a MUST that I do both together? Thanking you all in advance for your responses.
You may apply for registration on behalf of the child first - without having to apply for (your) naturalisation before that / at the same time.

regards

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 pm

My personal advice, if you can't afford to pay fees for you and your son, just think what will improve your overall situation in this country.
I do not personally think it matters to have BC for 3 years old person, but I strongly believe it is to your advantage to be BC rather than not, don't you think?
So, I personally would apply for your BC firstly. Besides your son will be registerd as BC without any fuss as he was born in the UK and you are settled here (PR status), no discretion in his case (at least under current legislation), whilst you will have to prove "you are worthy" to get BC.
Just think about it.