ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting times on the website.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cwhnt11

Waiting times on the website.

Post by cwhnt11 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi everyone,

Today I am shocked by the information given on the website. Is this real? It has been 5 weeks that i applied and still didnt receive my BRP invitation letter and the ones who received it before than me even though they have applied after my application date will receive their visas before than i do. isnt it unfair? this brp information will be changing the process entirely?

For applicants who attended a biometric appointment on or before 9 February 2011 we expect to consider the application by 9 March 2011.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:13 pm

one possible explanation could be they are doing further checks on your app.. but who knows what is happening there!

regards

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:45 pm

but its not only about my application i assume since all the applications done before the 9th of feb (biometric data is given) will be considered by the 9th of March.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:57 pm

these dates are what projected by their internal quality system.

The caseworker obviously will approve or reject application as soon as he/she looks at the app. Some app might take longer for various reasons and some applications might not... But on average, these dates should hold true.

I know you must be very irritated at the system, but dont look at those dates with 100% conviction.

sit tight... different apps go to different offices and are looked by different caseworkers. so the fact that someone who applied after you and got visa before you , is totally independent from processing of your application.

sit tight. hopefully everything will be alright

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:43 pm

I agree with arsenal. No two cases are the same and it also depends on the workload of team your case goes to. You just have to be patient.

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks Arsenal and Green,

This process literally testing my patience. Lets see what happens.