ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

an agent for migration - help

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vanesa1
Newly Registered

an agent for migration - help

Post by vanesa1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:51 pm

Has anyone expierence with David Cohen? I have just tried to find him on CIC site, but unsuccessful. Is that mean that his law firm does not exist?
Could you advise me for any good verified agent?
Thank you for help.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: an agent for migration - help

Post by raymasa2 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:20 am

vanesa1 wrote:Has anyone expierence with David Cohen? I have just tried to find him on CIC site, but unsuccessful. Is that mean that his law firm does not exist?
Could you advise me for any good verified agent?
Thank you for help.
Is your application going to be complicated to require an agent? If not, you may want to consider completing the application yourself. If your situation is straightforward, an agent probably is not going to add much value. The Canadian immigration application is quite straightforward, but does need lots of documentation (and the application guideline tells you what you need). Even if you get an agent, you would still need to complete the application and gather the documents. An agent is not going tro help you with that. All that they agent would do is look over your paperwork and send the application to CIC. In most cases this actually delays your application as the agent becomes the bottleneck in getting the correspondance from you to CIC and back.

If your case is complicated, you should hire an immigration lawyer, not an agent. Either way make sure they are registered with CIC.

Ray

vanesa1
Newly Registered

Post by vanesa1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 am

It is really good idea, thank you very much.

Could I ask, if you can arrange a job offer via internet or it has to be a signed contract?
I am living in Europe and traveling to the Canada before migration can be problem because in this case I won't have enoguh money for migration, I mean for first few months of living there. But, in case of a must, I will go in Canada for a short while and apply for migration slightly later.
I know that it is stupid question, but I am thinking about if there is any other way to get offer than going there as a temporary worker.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:12 am

vanesa1 wrote:It is really good idea, thank you very much.

Could I ask, if you can arrange a job offer via internet or it has to be a signed contract?
I am living in Europe and traveling to the Canada before migration can be problem because in this case I won't have enoguh money for migration, I mean for first few months of living there. But, in case of a must, I will go in Canada for a short while and apply for migration slightly later.
I know that it is stupid question, but I am thinking about if there is any other way to get offer than going there as a temporary worker.
If you can get an offer, they can post the signed contract to you. You don't need to go to Canada. More importantly, they would need to send you approval letter from HRSDC. For visa you would need to submit both the job offer from the company and the approval letter from HRSDC.

Ray

vanesa1
Newly Registered

Post by vanesa1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Ray, thanks very much.

I hope that I'm not annoying to you, but: Is it possible (a real chance) to get an offer without seeing eventual employer of the future? Just on the base of CV, accompanied documents and telephone contacts?
Unfortunately, at this moment I don't know anybody who has the company of my profile (I am a chemical engineer) or is in whatever contacts with it, that he or she could say a good word for me. My previous bosses could say a good word for me, but they haven't been in contact with any Canadian company yet, so they are unchecked and unkonwn for Canadian companies.

I would be grateful to you if you could help me with that information.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:59 am

vanesa1 wrote: I hope that I'm not annoying to you
No, you are not.
Is it possible (a real chance) to get an offer without seeing eventual employer of the future? Just on the base of CV, accompanied documents and telephone contacts?
That depends on how desperately your skills are needed in Canada. For examples, nurses, especially experienced ones usually get hired after one or two telephone interviews and hired while the applicant is not n Canada. This is because Canada has a shortage of nurses, especially experienced ones.
Few years ago, same was true of some other professions, for examples, petrochemical engineers and truck drivers. That’s not the case currently. Neither of these professions are on the current list of occupation in demand. If you haven’t seen this list, its at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... s.asp#list

That’s not to say, that you may not get a job offer via a phone interview, but it is not going to be as easy as it used to be.

The other issue, as I mentioned in the previous post, you not only need a job offer, but that offer needs to be approved by HRSDC. Only an employer can get that approval, that is, they have to submit that application to HRSDC, not you an employee. There is both cost and time involved in getting that approval. Are employers willing to wait that long, and incur that cost? I don’t know, only your potential employer can tell you that. If they desperately need someone with your skills and they cannot find that skilled employee in Canada, I would think yes. Like the case is with nurses.
I don't know anybody who has the company of my profile (I am a chemical engineer) or is in whatever contacts with it, that he or she could say a good word for me. My previous bosses could say a good word for me, but they haven't been in contact with any Canadian company yet, so they are unchecked and unkonwn for Canadian companies.
You should research which companies there are that could potentially hire you and then approach them. I find LinkedIn to be useful in approaching employees and companies you want to potentially work in.

As you mentioned agents in your first post, be aware of any agent (immigration or otherwise) that offers to find you a job in Canada for a fee. In Canada it is illegal to charge individuals to find jobs for them. Recruitment companies can only charge employers, not employees. Agents who charge employees are going to take the money and you will never hear from them. They are probably not even based in Canada, as then they would be breaking Canadian laws.

Ray

vanesa1
Newly Registered

Post by vanesa1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Ray, thank you very much. :D :D :!:
Because of your advice I will save a lot of money and time for my children and me. It was extremely helpful.
While surfing on the web I could hardly belive my eyes that the websites of the government of Canada could be so userfriendly.
I have revealed that I could meet the basic criteria for visa of Quebec now - without a job offer, so I hope that I can tackle the procedure within a few weeks, when my translator might end his work. Nevertheless, I will start searching a job....and more information about Quebec from the web...
Thank you very much for a great help.