ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting Tier 2 Sponsor from India - Help Plz..

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anida
Newly Registered

Getting Tier 2 Sponsor from India - Help Plz..

Post by Anida » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi All,

Please could somebody suggest or help us on the below.

I have 8+ yrs of experiance in C/C++/Unix. Currently working for a well known s/w company in India. Since my wife is working out of UK on Tier 2 ICT, i would like to get job offer there. Since Tier 1 option is now closed, got struct up with the possible way to get the job in UK.

* I came across many people in this forum got Tier 2 General Visa from India. How to get the valid sponsor, while i am in India.
* Any idea on approaching Employers in UK to get the job from India will really helpful to me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anida.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:00 am

You can travel to UK and work there as dependet to your wife.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:55 am

as T1 just said, why dont you come here as a Tier 2 dependant?
If not, there are enough 'questionable'agents out there to get you here on some absurd reason and on a Tier 2 visa to do any role

Note that you can ONLY get a legitimate Tier 2 sponsor from a reputed company hunting for a resource who has skills that NO other local UK resident - be it a citizen or foreign worker - can satisfy, and such good companies can actually, legally hire you and get you here within 2 minutes.

But if you have very generic skills and try to come here at any cost, then its the agencies out there who can get you here - but be ready to mop the floors of Burger King if they convince you to come here

Your best option is to come as a dependant and you will have complete rights to work freely as long as the main applicant is here. So come here first. get a role and impress your boss. If they are happy you are the guy for the job, they will ensure you remain in the UK no matter what happens

KP

Anida
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Anida » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks for your advice Ken. People are suggesting that employers will really hesitate to take the Tier 2 ICT dependants as the employee. So chances of getting job is very less, please can you put your idea on this. Many Thanks.

If you have any idea on how the C/C++/Unix market is in UK?

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:45 am

That's not entirely true. The Tier 2 dependant visa has to be valid for atleast 6 months to be considered for an interview but 6 months is honestly too short a time for any employer to take you as a permanent employee

Most times if dependants have 1year validity then there is never a problem. Plus if you know your spouse will get their Tier 2 visa extended you can explain this to the employer so they dont have to worry you will be leaving once your current visa expires.

I know many colleagues and friends whose spouse work with various employers as dependants. They have done the same - more than 6 months validity and assuring their employer they will be here for 2 years or more with the main visa guaranteed for extension. Its up to you really to persuade them as you know what your near term future is. Do remember that you can always try for contracting roles where visa validity is only required for the term on your contract

KP

Anida
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Anida » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi Ken,

Your response is making sense and provoking positive thoughts.

Many Thanks,
Anida