ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I APPLIED FOR PR EEA3 AND GOT RC EEA1 INSTEAD

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

europeanpol
Newly Registered

I APPLIED FOR PR EEA3 AND GOT RC EEA1 INSTEAD

Post by europeanpol » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Last november 2010 I applied for permanent residence using EEA3 form and 2 months later I called them to make sure they had received it which they confirmed and i was also told that as a EU citizen I do not get a COA as we do not need it. Anyway this morning I got a special delivery envelope from the HO and I was shocked to find that they had issued me with a REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE (the one that you apply using EEA1 and can get in the same day if you apply in person in Croydon) rather than the PERMANENT RESIDENCE card which I applied for using EEA3 form and for which I sent all the evidence needed to proove I have exercised treaty of rights in the UK for 5 years. They also enclosed a letter saying "Dear Mr ***** you have been issued with a Registration Certificate. it is enclosed with this letter together with the documents you submitted kin support of your application. You should now sign it" . That is all it says. So I rang them up and told them that I believed an error has been made and the adviser on the phone was very kind and told me to send a fax to the caseworker that dealt with my application explaining the reasons why i believe it is a mistake. I also told him that as a matter of fact I already have a registration certificate which I got a few years ago and the one that i want is the Permanent Residence card.
Has anyone been through a situation like this? any comments, advice will be greatly appreciated.

ngueda2009

Post by ngueda2009 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:01 am

it is a mistake so just keep chasing them and they will change it.

europeanpol
Newly Registered

Post by europeanpol » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:13 pm

well I called them again and i was told to send everything back which I did so fingers crossed everything will be ok and thanks for posting.