ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing Arrivail Stamp at hethrow in 2003 & 2004 for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harold
Newly Registered

Missing Arrivail Stamp at hethrow in 2003 & 2004 for ILR

Post by harold » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:09 am

Hello guys could any one help me I got to missing stamp when I arrived at Heathrow in 2003 and 2004 do you think this affects my ILR for 10 years.

But I do have the landing stamp the day I arrived and returning from my country but I missed the one at Heathrow. If any one had same problems let me know.

Thank you

xyz123

Re: Missing Arrivail Stamp at hethrow in 2003 & 2004 for

Post by xyz123 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:52 pm

harold wrote:Hello guys could any one help me I got to missing stamp when I arrived at Heathrow in 2003 and 2004 do you think this affects my ILR for 10 years.

But I do have the landing stamp the day I arrived and returning from my country but I missed the one at Heathrow. If any one had same problems let me know.

Thank you
what do you mean its "missing"? hyave you lost or damaged the passport? proof of stamp from home country is worthless as it simply shows you left that country. it does not prove that you came to UK.

request SAR file from UKBA and see if that has any information.

do you have any other proof from 2003 /04 e.g. any bank statements / utiliticy bills etc....

Hanae
Newly Registered

Post by Hanae » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:57 pm

Hello,

I have similar case, I entered to UK on 11 Aug 2006, it was just the day after the terrorism at Heathrow. The airport was extream chaos and there was no immigration check. I flew from Tokyo, Paris, Dublin, London, and Belfast where I live, in between, there was no check! I was running around at Heathrow to find somebody to give me a stamp but everybody was too busy for security check and nobody could help me.

I am planning to apply ILR this summer, to prove the date of the entering to UK, I would like to know how to ask SAR file from UKBA if it helps to proof my problem. There are many contact details in the web site in UKBA and I always confuse how to contact them. I have tried some telephone numbers but always nobody answer the phone.

Thank you very much,

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 am

Hanae wrote:Hello,

I have similar case, I entered to UK on 11 Aug 2006, it was just the day after the terrorism at Heathrow. The airport was extream chaos and there was no immigration check. I flew from Tokyo, Paris, Dublin, London, and Belfast where I live, in between, there was no check! I was running around at Heathrow to find somebody to give me a stamp but everybody was too busy for security check and nobody could help me.

I am planning to apply ILR this summer, to prove the date of the entering to UK, I would like to know how to ask SAR file from UKBA if it helps to proof my problem. There are many contact details in the web site in UKBA and I always confuse how to contact them. I have tried some telephone numbers but always nobody answer the phone.

Thank you very much,
look at sticky post at top of forum. i would have thought after terrorism attack immigration / security controls would be tighter. may be it was a northern ireland issue but i dont believe that UK just leaves its borders open if there is an attack.

Hanae
Newly Registered

Post by Hanae » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:56 am

Thank you for your advice. I checked the sticky post above but it doesn't look like what I have been looking for.

At Heathrow, after that terrorism, I had to stand 3 hours on the queue for security check but there was no immigration for my stamp. I guess because I flew from Dublin. I usually come back to Dublin and take bus back to Belfast, then I get only the stamp for entering to Ireland, not to the UK. This is the reason that I flew from Dublin to Heathrow to get a stamp. But it was wrong.

I am wondering if there is anybody who could explain what 'SAR file from UKBA' is, and how I could contact to them.

Thank you again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:10 am

Your SAR file will not contain the relevant information if you didn't pass through UK Immigration.

Did you keep your boarding card or receipt of airline ticket?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hanae
Newly Registered

Post by Hanae » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:24 pm

No, unfortunatly I didn't keep the bording ticket. I have asked the flight company but they said that they keep the record only for 2 years.
It sounds that it is in an desperate state.

Thank you for your answer.

internev29a
Newly Registered

Post by internev29a » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:52 pm

@Hanae: Do not worry mate, you will be fine. Set(O) application form clearly says that you have to provide photocopies of all the pages in your passport that contains a stamp (no specific stamp mentioned). They want photocopies of all the stamps nomatter where you get them from. So as long as you have a stamp on your passport (either from UK or Abroad) which could confirm your entry & exit then you should be ok. Remember, caseworkers are allowed to go through the landing cards in the warehouse to confirm any info that you provide in regards to your travel. Hope this helps.

Hanae
Newly Registered

Post by Hanae » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:11 pm

In this case, there is no landing card of my Entry to UK in their warehouse because I did't get immigration check. There was no check between Tokyo to Belfast.

I think it is really strange case.
I go to Japan nearly every year for holiday and use different route according to the cheapest way to go home. I didn't think this was the problem.....
Why do you think it will be fine?

Do you think that I can still apply ILR 28days before 11Aug this summer? I can ask my emplyer to confirm that I was already working on 12Aug 2006. They would write a letter for me, does it enough to prove it?

Thank you for your support.

internev29a
Newly Registered

Post by internev29a » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:44 am

Was your passport stamped by immigration at tokyo upon arrival & departure???
- if Yes, then you do not need to worry as that immigration stamp can be used as evidence of travel. (see my previous comment)
- If Not then i would suggest you seek some pro advice because you need to mention that time in your application for ILR.

qoute/> Do you think that I can still apply ILR 28days before 11Aug this summer?

If ILR rules remain the same in August as they are today then Yes.

regards

Hanae
Newly Registered

Post by Hanae » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:27 am

Yes, I have a stamp of departure at Tokyo on 10Aug 2006. It proves that I am out of my country but it doesn't show that I entered the UK.

Thank you for your help.