ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa to accompany EU wife. ( 6 months passed)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

churri
Newly Registered

visa to accompany EU wife. ( 6 months passed)

Post by churri » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:26 am

(VISA APPROVED)! After 6 Mnths.

I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS TOPIC. THANK YOU !!!

VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED AT LAST.....after over 6 months waiting, the delay was attributed loads of visa application they are having to process in DUBLIN. (INIS) Lazy a-S-S guys

However something is not clear to me.... I applied for a VISA type D multiple entry to accompany EU spouse a 6 months visa

BUT I was only issued with a 4 months VISA type C single entry..... Is this okay? cos i am thinking to call the embassy to make a complain.....

is Visa C valid to submit EU1 application? although we dont have any plan of submitting one at this time.....we are just going there for a week for now ..... though we would like to register with FAS as a job seeker for future returns to IRELAND. IS ONE WEEK ENOUGH TO REGISTER WITH FAS? DOES ANYONE KNOWS THE REQUIRED DOCS?

We will be travelling to Dublin City centre.... any FAS off¡ce around there?

THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

Hi all, please help me about this issue.... I want to hear from you !!!!

I applied for a visa to travel together with my EU wife to Ireland last year 2010, It has passed 6 months since my application was received in Ireland.... and no reply from ireland till today 20th Feb 2011....

I hv sent them e-mails and this is the reply I always get :
Thank you for your enquiry.

Your application XXXXXXX is currently awaiting examination in the Dublin
Visa Office as of XX/XX/2010.

Kind Regards
Visa Office
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
13-14 Burgh Quay,
Dublin 2
6 months wating for a Visa decision....... Dont know what else to do....

Has anyone waited this long for an Irish Visa? or if u know of someone? please help..... any information will be appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by churri on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:06 pm

The official story from Irish authorities is that if its a visa for
"spouse of EU citizen", has be referred to Dublin, the processing time is 1.5 - 2 weeks on the basis of an accelerated procedure.
see http://acme.posterous.com/reply-from-irish-perm
Clearly 6 months is not acceptable.

There is an EU organisation called solvit, http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/
who are suppose to help EU citizens family members in exactly the case you find yourself.
You can try them, but I have heard stories they are very lazy, they will
try anything so they can do nothing. If you know what I mean.

churri
Newly Registered

Post by churri » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:13 pm

acme4242 wrote:The official story from Irish authorities is that if its a visa for
"spouse of EU citizen", has be referred to Dublin, the processing time is 1.5 - 2 weeks on the basis of an accelerated procedure.
see http://acme.posterous.com/reply-from-irish-perm
Clearly 6 months is not acceptable.

There is an EU organisation called solvit, http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/
who are suppose to help EU citizens family members in exactly the case you find yourself.
You can try them, but I have heard stories they are very lazy, they will
try anything so they can do nothing. If you know what I mean.

Hi acme.... The visa I applied for is to travel together with my EU wife to Ireland..... I hold a 5 years residence card of "spouse of EU citizen" here in another EU state (MADRID-SPAIN) where I have lived in the past 3 years with my Spanish wife......

I shouldnt be needing a Visa in the first place to enter Ireland IF travelling with my wife ( according the EC LAW)..... I dont why its taking Dublin more than 6 months to process a visa application of an EU family member..... and I am still waiting.... for a reply from them

Is there any other option apart of the SOLVIT guys? cos I have also heared they a very slow.... and all I want is a reply from Dublin after 6 months waiting for a visa that shouldnt take more than 6 weeks to process....at worst.

if any other persons is reading this please help..... I need more information on how to go about this.

Thanks to all.

Ben1981
Newly Registered

Post by Ben1981 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:24 am

My strong advise would be to contact immigration coucil in dublin. They are very helpfull to the Eu/Non Eu couples. I am not sure how helpful they can be in your case but I would say there is nothing wrong in contacting them with respect to such unacceptable 6 months delay.

http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/contact-us

Good luck !! and plzzz do post the outcomes of your case for our other user in this forum.

Ben

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:25 pm

You should definitely contact Solvit, http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/

Get them involved!

Is there anything unusual about your application which you might expect it to take longer? They way you describe it should be fast fast fast.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15 am

Solvit and file a complaint with the EU commission thats what I did it took 3 weeks for visa to be issued!

churri
Newly Registered

visa to accompany EU wife. (VISA APPROVED)! After 6 Mnths.

Post by churri » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS TOPIC. THANK YOU !!!

VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED AT LAST.....after over 6 months waiting, the delay was attributed loads of visa application they are having to process in DUBLIN. (INIS) Lazy a-S-S guys :o

However something is not clear to me.... I applied for a VISA type D multiple entry to accompany EU spouse a 6 months visa

BUT I was only issued with a 4 months VISA type C single entry..... Is this okay? cos i am thinking to call the embassy to make a complain.....

is Visa C valid to submit EU1 application? although we dont have any plan of submitting one at this time.....we are just going there for a week for now ..... though we would like to register with FAS as a job seeker for future returns to IRELAND. IS ONE WEEK ENOUGH TO REGISTER WITH FAS? DOES ANYONE KNOWS THE REQUIRED DOCS?

We will be travelling to Dublin City centre.... any FAS off¡ce around there?

THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: visa to accompany EU wife. (VISA APPROVED)! After 6 Mnth

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:49 am

churri wrote:VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED AT LAST.....after over 6 months waiting, the delay was attributed loads of visa application they are having to process in DUBLIN. (INIS) Lazy a-S-S guys :o

You should complain to the about how long it took them. It should NEVER take that long!

It should not matter what visa you enter Ireland on. You should be able to able using EU1 for an 4EuFam card.

If you have any problems, let us know.

sierra
- thin ice -

re c class visa

Post by sierra » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:55 pm

hi can you please let us know that what documents you submitted with your application . did you submiitted any bank statement or just the passports and marriage certificte .
as it will be usefull for others and i am looking forward to apply under same category as well from france thanks in advance

churri
Newly Registered

Re: re c class visa

Post by churri » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 am

sierra wrote:hi can you please let us know that what documents you submitted with your application . did you submiitted any bank statement or just the passports and marriage certificte .
as it will be usefull for others and i am looking forward to apply under same category as well from france thanks in advance
Hi sierra,

This are the following documents i submitted for the visa.

VISITS

1. Application Form

2. Passport

3.Marriage Certificate (where applicable) - evidence (apostilled document) that marriage has been registered in applicant's country of origin/residence

4. Proof that home address. ( showing that we both live together and some pictures, although this not necessary).

5. Hotel booking (not required)

Although the embassey might ask for a bank statement, if u have one its fine and if not there shouldnt be a problem IF travelling with your EU spouse...... the most important is to proof that your marriage is LEGIT.

My visa was issued after 6 months waiting, hope u dont have to wait that long...... I just came back from Ireland after spending 1 week in Dublin.

Its a nice country....and the people are very nice.