ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:12 pm

sara234 wrote:Hi everyone,

Alhumdulillah my husband collected his passport today with the visa :)

Application sent : 07/09/10
Application collected - refused : 29/11/10
Appeal lodged (Croydon) : 19/12/10
Calling letter recieved : 21/01/11
Passport submitted : 27/01/11
Passport collected with Visa : 18/02/11
AOA786

Mubark bohat bohat sara234 and now please tell me where you submited your passport? isalamabad or lahore?

Jazak Allah khair.

zaf

your appeal

Post by zaf » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:39 pm

sara234 wrote:Hi everyone,

Alhumdulillah my husband collected his passport today with the visa :)

Application sent : 07/09/10
Application collected - refused : 29/11/10
Appeal lodged (Croydon) : 19/12/10
Calling letter recieved : 21/01/11
Passport submitted : 27/01/11
Passport collected with Visa : 18/02/11
im very pleased to hear you got visa refusal overturned so quickly and passport stamped fairly quickly. were the reasons for refusal only minor ?

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:01 pm

congratulations Sara...

just dont forget to remember the rest of us in ur duas...X

zaf

my appeal

Post by zaf » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:18 pm

sara just read your previous posts and it gives me a degree of hope for my own case. thanks for supplying the email address for croydon

sara234
Newly Registered

Post by sara234 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:48 pm

tasawar wrote:
AOA786

Mubark bohat bohat sara234 and now please tell me where you submited your passport? isalamabad or lahore?

Jazak Allah khair.
My husband submitted his passport in Lahore and the visa was stamped on 31/01/11 so they processed it very quickly within 2 working days but took 3 weeks to contact us to collect it.

sara234
Newly Registered

Re: my appeal

Post by sara234 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:50 pm

zaf wrote:sara just read your previous posts and it gives me a degree of hope for my own case. thanks for supplying the email address for croydon
yes, inshallah yours will get sorted out very quickly for you :)

sara234
Newly Registered

Post by sara234 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 pm

XnailaX wrote:congratulations Sara...

just dont forget to remember the rest of us in ur duas...X
thank you! ofcourse I will remember all of you. Inshallah everyone will be reunited with their partners very soon

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:59 am

Sammad wrote:Can someone help me, why does it say 23rd june on my letter, that the immigration officer has til 23rd of june to provide copies to be used in court. Has my lawyer not asked for the refusal to be overturned? I think he is taking it straight to court?

AOA786

Sammad the letter you received that is normal procedure ok and the ECM will have the time to review your case till that 23rd June please correct me if i am wrong.
I do dua for everybody who are in appeals or new applications that Allah gives good news to all of them including me AMEEN.

Jazak Allah khair.

sabir2011
Newly Registered

ECM

Post by sabir2011 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:49 pm

tasawar wrote:
Sammad wrote:Can someone help me, why does it say 23rd june on my letter, that the immigration officer has til 23rd of june to provide copies to be used in court. Has my lawyer not asked for the refusal to be overturned? I think he is taking it straight to court?

AOA786

Sammad the letter you received that is normal procedure ok and the ECM will have the time to review your case till that 23rd June please correct me if i am wrong.
I do dua for everybody who are in appeals or new applications that Allah gives good news to all of them including me AMEEN.

Jazak Allah khair.
Salaams to all. My question is, What if we don't hear from the ECM within 3months of the appeal being lodged? How long the ECM has got to review their decision? Does it count the date from which appeal is lodged or when the Embassy receives or the appeal sent to them? Also, Is there any way we can find out if the ECM review has taken place or not?

Please kindly answer me. Allah (SWT) grants us all fruit of good intentions we have...Ameeeeeeeeeeeen

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: ECM

Post by shahzad80 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:09 pm

sabir2011 wrote:
tasawar wrote:

AOA786

Jazak Allah khair.
Salaams to all. My question is, What if we don't hear from the ECM within 3months of the appeal being lodged? How long the ECM has got to review their decision? Does it count the date from which appeal is lodged or when the Embassy receives or the appeal sent to them? Also, Is there any way we can find out if the ECM review has taken place or not?

Please kindly answer me. Allah (SWT) grants us all fruit of good intentions we have...Ameeeeeeeeeeeen
Sabir I was in similar position like you.

I send an email to Tribunal with my post reference and other details.After one week I get a letter from court to send bundle before 7th April,2011.

So best thing to do is write an email to tribunal and ask for update.

Shahzad
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

sabir2011
Newly Registered

Re: ECM

Post by sabir2011 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:25 pm

shahzad80 wrote:
sabir2011 wrote:
tasawar wrote:

AOA786

Jazak Allah khair.

Sabir I was in similar position like you.

I send an email to Tribunal with my post reference and other details.After one week I get a letter from court to send bundle before 7th April,2011.

So best thing to do is write an email to tribunal and ask for update.

Shahzad
Dear Shahzad,

Thanks very much,insha'Allah i'll contact them soon. I had a call from my solicitor yesterday saying that they have sent to us a paper hearing date of Dec2010 but we have never requested a paper hearing but an oral hearing. I have not heard anything from the ECM whether they've their appeal bundle to the tribunal or not. My solicitor says if you we've not heard in 3months then it automatically goes to the court? I'm not sure if this is right. I don't know how long more we have to wait. my solicitor will write to rectify their mistake as it is an oral hearing.

Yea, we are in the same frame of timeline. Hope insha'Allah we hear a good news soon and He (SWT) makes it easy for us. Ameen.

Good luck.
Sabir

Result: Refused
Appeal sent: 17 Nov 2010
Appeal received: 5 Dec 2010
Notice to Sponsor received: 4 FEB 2011
ECM must respond to AIT by: 19 April 2011

Jattboi

Post by Jattboi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:25 am

Sammad wrote:
Manno1 wrote:just heard, have immigration officer 19 weeks, to provide copy's of papers to be used in court.

this is taking too long, really depressed now. they are going to respond after june 23rd!

I wish immigration officer reconsiders. since I can't wait till after the 23rd june to get a court hearing date.
Salam Sammad,

I am sorry to hear that. I wanted to ask you that did you see copy of refusal notice yourself? I have been following your post because I also applied for appeal case during almost the same timeline as yours.
Yes I saw the copy of refusal notice myself.[/quote]

Im in same situation appealed 26 jan notice recieved 15 feb eco ahs 19 weeks to reconsider

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Just an update on my case.

My status changed to

Processed Application returned TO AC 02/20/2011.

What this means?

Is this means my visa application has been decided and I should contact FedEx.

Fingers crossed.

Shahzad
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:48 pm

It means your application has has been processed and returned to Application Centre ( ie Fedex where you applied). Normally the AC would send you a letter/email/phone asking to come and collect your application.

However most people normally ring Fedex up to find out. However I would give it a few days as yet because the docs would probally not arrived at AC if teh matter was dealt with on 20/2/11 :wink:

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:47 pm

batleykhan wrote:It means your application has has been processed and returned to Application Centre ( ie Fedex where you applied). Normally the AC would send you a letter/email/phone asking to come and collect your application.

However most people normally ring Fedex up to find out. However I would give it a few days as yet because the docs would probally not arrived at AC if teh matter was dealt with on 20/2/11 :wink:
Thanks Khan Bahi, you are always a great help.

Yesterday I send an email and asked for progress on my visa application.Later same day I got message from embassy in which they asked for my passport no,application date,my name and other details.According to them there are unable to locate my application in their system.I replied them within minutes.When I checked my stat after few hours it was changed to this.

So this means they made decision after getting my email.

Shahzad

sabir2011
Newly Registered

Post by sabir2011 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:57 pm

shahzad80 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:It means your application has has been processed and returned to Application Centre ( ie Fedex where you applied). Normally the AC would send you a letter/email/phone asking to come and collect your application.

Thanks Khan Bahi, you are always a great help.

Yesterday I send an email and asked for progress on my visa application.Later same day I got message from embassy in which they asked for my passport no,application date,my name and other details.According to them there are unable to locate my application in their system.I replied them within minutes.When I checked my stat after few hours it was changed to this.

So this means they made decision after getting my email.

Shahzad
Salaams! Shahzad bahi jaan,

That's great..Mubarak. Hope you got it. May I know is this that you are hearing since you've lodged the appeal..If you do which email address did you contact.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Salaam, how are you all?

I want to ask what will they ask my husband at the airport and what does he need to bring with him? If you could let me know I will really appreciate it. Thank you. Take care x

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:11 pm

unique012 wrote:Salaam, how are you all?

I want to ask what will they ask my husband at the airport and what does he need to bring with him? If you could let me know I will really appreciate it. Thank you. Take care x
According to my expereince,they asked me very few basic quetsions like what you would do and is yours wife outside airport.Just 2 or 3 simple quetsions.Nothing else.They did not checked any documents except passport.

Get one extra copy of passport with visa and marraige certificate as I rememembered at Islamabad airport someone asked me for this and checked these documents.

Also read page 495-496 page of spouse visa pakistan thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=9880

Shahzad

rani111
Newly Registered

Post by rani111 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:41 pm

my husband was asked more in pakistan than in uk. at pakistan "what is ure wifes name"? what does she do? Where are u flying to? Then woman scratched the picture a bit and said u look a lot older than in this picture (taken less than 3 months before), he said its been a pretty stressfull expeience all in. They said clever man..go.

In uk she asked is ure wife here for u? he said yes. Have you travelled to uk before. he said yes. she said where is ure old passport. he said lost it. She asked why u only have hand luggage. he said i have everything in uk at wife house. He told her he previously had overstayed. she said Ok wait a minute. she was away less than 5 mnts went to room and scanned the visa or whatever they do and came back an said right u can go. Have a nice life. I told him the prob check the t.b certificate. she never asked for the TB certificate. That was it. less than 5mnts. They had a bit of a chat about the weather and that she had the flue and she was knocking off at 6pm. That was it really. He carried all his documentation but they never asked to see any of it and never checked his case. If you have the visa there is nothing to worry about really.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:46 pm

I believed the same until I contacted FedEx and got to know this is wrong.

This means application is returned to AC department at British Embassy Islamabad for process.They will forward this to FedEx.

We learn every day... :roll:

Shahzad

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:33 pm

shahzad80 wrote:

I believed the same until I contacted FedEx and got to know this is wrong.

This means application is returned to AC department at British Embassy Islamabad for process.They will forward this to FedEx.

We learn every day... :roll:
Shahzad
Shazad take it from me that the AC ( Application centre = Fedex not BHC @ ISB). All the documents when application is handed in goes to the BHC @ISB. Copies of the documents are forwarded to UKBA post at Croydon where the decision is made to grant or refuse visa.

When teh decison is made BHC@ISB are informed . If visa is issued, the visa is stamped at BHC ISB and docs returned to AC= Fedex who will then phone or write to you to collect.

If visa not issued then all docs are returned from BHC@ ISB to Fedex= AC from where you collect them.

If someone says otherwise, then they are wrong or telling you lies. I know this :wink:

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Shazad take it from me that the AC ( Application centre = Fedex not BHC @ ISB).

All the documents when application is handed in goes to the BHC @ISB. Copies of the documents are forwarded to UKBA post at Croydon where the decision is made to grant or refuse visa.

When teh decison is made BHC@ISB are informed . If visa is issued, the visa is stamped at BHC ISB and docs returned to AC= Fedex who will then phone or write to you to collect.

If visa not issued then all docs are returned from BHC@ ISB to Fedex= AC from where you collect them.

If someone says otherwise, then they are wrong or telling you lies. I know this :wink:
Yes you are correct.

Shahzad

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 pm

K44MYY wrote:Salaam all

:D Firstly I would like to THANK ALMIGHTY ALLAH for granting my wife her VISA. :D

The appeal got withdrawn before the oral hearing. The process took a total of around 6 months, from when we handed application in first time to getting refused and then putting an appeal through to receiving a call letter today. Masha Allah

From putting appeal in about 6 weeks later "withdrawn" letter came though, this was including Xmas and New Years so guess would have been done earlier, but never to late is it? :D

It has been a tough 6 months from getting refused and not knowing what will happen and when will you get the good news we all wait for from the day Visa App is handed in. I know how it is and as many others are in that situation now, checking the status online to see when will it change. For some it has been a straight forward process with good news after 3-4 months. For those like myself whom had the refusal letter I know exactly how you feel and what you are going through, the stress, worry, thinking will you succeed through appeal or not? what if you have to re-submit etc etc.

What ever it is DON'T give up, you have come this far, and its not the end of the world. Masha Allah there are many people whom give you support but after the day goes by and your on your own thats when things hit you.
Keep strong, have faith in ALLAH and everything will happen just a bit of time. Patience is they key. We don't always get what we want in life WHEN WE WANT IT, we only get it when ALLAH wills and its written.

Don't waste time worrying about it get back in action and see where you went wrong and how you gonna put things right this time. You are given the second chance to get things right. Get legal advise, speak to family ad friends and others whom been through similar situation.

I would like to THANK BATLEY KHAN whom has been very helpful from day one when I joined the forum. Thanks bro and may ALLAH bless you and your family (Ameen). I followed his article and took his views and thoughts on board at initial stage and at appeal stage, spoke to others on this board. Got legal advise and put all my supporting documents together and made sure I didn't miss anything out to give the ECO a chance to stick to original decision. Went through letter 1000x times just to get into my head what they refused us on and what they now require for us to get it right.
What ever is on that letter thats what you need to provide nothing else.

Some solicitors give basic advise and the rest is down to yourself to add the extra to support your case.
Remember every case is unique, do what you think is best and ask Allah for guidance.

Things happen for a reason and thats life for us so keep strong and focused and Insha Allah you will succeed.

I know there are new members here and wish you all the best and would like to thank a few that have supported me:
Tasawar, shazaz, Zahida, yasmin786, Sammad, shaad, riz_ras, corrado, Shadow86, zeddy zed and those not mentioned.

Big thanks to all the moderators and those that have set this forum up. keep it up...Without you people some of us would be lost and wouldn't know where to start and how. Just like myself didn't have a clue, until I came across this forum.

Good luck to all those waiting and all the best in life to those whom have been granted a visa.

Call letter received through post - 2/2/2011

p.s those that have got call letter and got visa stamped I would like to know where you handed it in and how long it took?
As I'm wanting to hand in passport either at Mirpur or Islamabad.
Which is a quicker turn around, I know there time scales but they tend to stamp it within a few weeks.
Masha'Allah, sorry my congrats are so late but not been on here in a while. Very pleased to hear your good news, I wish you and your wife a happy and peaceful future together insha'Allah.

z4ydi

time limit spent abroad on spouse visa

Post by z4ydi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:46 pm

Do you guys know what is the time limit you can spend outside the UK on a spouse visa. I know you can enter the UK within 3 months from the time the visa was issued without having to apply for a Extention before applying for ILR - this gives an indication that the time limit is 3 months > am I right?
If so then as a spouse-visa holder is it true that you can go on holidays abroad provided that you dont exceed the 3 months limit before applying for ILR?
Hope I am clear
[

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: time limit spent abroad on spouse visa

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:09 pm

z4ydi wrote:Do you guys know what is the time limit you can spend outside the UK on a spouse visa. I know you can enter the UK within 3 months from the time the visa was issued without having to apply for a Extention before applying for ILR - this gives an indication that the time limit is 3 months > am I right?
If so then as a spouse-visa holder is it true that you can go on holidays abroad provided that you dont exceed the 3 months limit before applying for ILR?
Hope I am clear!
There is time limit about how much time you can spend outside uk in immigration rules.

Yes there is time limit for British citizenship of 180 days in 3 years and no more then 90 days in one years.

In short words you would not get British Citizenship if you have spend more then 180 days in 3 years period(or more then 90 days in a year).

Shahzad

Shahzad