ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to prove time spent outside of the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bitterweb

How to prove time spent outside of the UK

Post by bitterweb » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:28 pm

How exactly does the case worker calculate your absences from the UK?

I just realized there're only stamps for entering but not leaving the UK on my passport. So it seems to me you have to rely on the entering stamp to another country to calculate the absences.

But what if that stamp is not done properly so the date is not recognizable?

How do I prove my absences?

Many thanks!

joh118

Re: How to prove time spent outside of the UK

Post by joh118 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:02 pm

bitterweb wrote:How exactly does the case worker calculate your absences from the UK?

I just realized there're only stamps for entering but not leaving the UK on my passport. So it seems to me you have to rely on the entering stamp to another country to calculate the absences.

Many thanks!
yes, the stamp from the destination country is considered as the "exit" stamp. If the arrival date at destination was the day after departure, you will need to deduct one day.

If it is not done properly or unrecognisable, so be it! It's not your fault or UKBA's. But you are expected to know the dates though.

I would construct a clear table from a spreadsheet with the columns, date left, date entered, destination, reason, relevant passport stamp page number(s). It will make things very clear and easy for the caseworker.

bitterweb

Post by bitterweb » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:04 pm

joh118 wrote:
bitterweb wrote:How exactly does the case worker calculate your absences from the UK?

Many thanks!
yes, the stamp from the destination country is considered as the "exit" stamp. If the arrival date at destination was the day after departure, you will need to deduct one day.

If it is not done properly or unrecognisable, so be it! It's not your fault or UKBA's. But you are expected to know the dates though.

I would construct a clear table from a spreadsheet with the columns, date left, date entered, destination, reason, relevant passport stamp page number(s). It will make things very clear and easy for the caseworker.
Thanks a lot!

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:23 am

bitterweb wrote: How do I prove my absences?

Many thanks!
tickets / boarding passes are an option.

unileeds

Post by unileeds » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:03 pm

joh118 wrote:

Many thanks!

If you are applying in person, I would recommend, not to submit such a spreadsheet. The form clearly states date left, date entered and reason. Make sure you submit this bare minimum. Make sure you have a comprehensive spread sheet with days left and page numbers etc ect with you (as a backup) which you can provide if asked for.
The above does not appply for postal applications in which case you should take a call. Sometimes its best to cover all bases, soemtimes if its not asked, no point sending it (works when you have been outside the uk more than 180 days or have more than 90 days out of the uk in one stretch)...

good luck

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

dates

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi
As you know passport don’t get stamp when leaving the UK. I left UK on 13/10 but reached destination on 14/10. The only stamp i have is 14/10 destination entry. What date i should use in “Left UKâ€

joh118

Re: dates

Post by joh118 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:05 pm

[quote="jinkazama_11"]Hi
As you know passport don’t get stamp when leaving the UK. I left UK on 13/10 but reached destination on 14/10. The only stamp i have is 14/10 destination entry. What date i should use in “Left UKâ€