ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help me wit useful Do's & Don'ts in funds maintananc

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

divarien

Pls help me wit useful Do's & Don'ts in funds maintananc

Post by divarien » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi Friends.My student visa expires in July lastweek 2011.As of now, I have exactly the amount need for the visa in my account. So cud anyone please tell me how do i maintain them for the rest of the months. One of my frd suggested me to tranfer it to my savings account.Is it a goood option??? i see lots of issues abt visa rejects who speak abt the bank detecting some money for bills without thier concern putting them in trouble..... It really scares me and i need your help friends..... how to avoid those problems??? Thank You :D :shock:

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:34 pm

get your dates right for starters..... "last week" according to my calendar fell in FEBRUARY 2011

unless you are a time traveller... and got your dates mixed up, i dont know how can you refer to july 2011 as "last week".

rephrase your question so we know your current situation and then tell us which phase you are in of the whole application process

divarien

Post by divarien » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi.. i am sorry.. I meant my visa is only upto july 31st 2011. Thats y i meant last week. I am not in any application stage. i have just started to get ready with my funds. and thats were i required some tips !! thk u

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:46 pm

requirement is simple....

maintain 800 pounds for 90 days...

the rent,bills etc etc cant be withdrawn from your account without your approval!!

leave 800 pounds untouched in your account and the requirement will be satisfied

cheers

divarien

Post by divarien » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:54 am

Thank You mate

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:03 pm

If you have a savings account it is advisable to transfer the money to that account rather than keeping it in your current account which presumably you use on a daily/weekly basis. This will prevent you accidently going below the £800 particularly if you have direct debits for bills going out of the account of if you are expecting deposits into the account for example from an employer which are delayed. I've seen far too many people fail to meet the maintenance requirements due to keeping the money in account where they have regularly activity.

If you don't already get postal staetments for your savings account make sure you choose to have them sent to you on a monthly basis.

Some bank statements don't state a closing balance so it is advisable to transfer for example £10 into the account at the end of your 3 month period so that you have a recent transaction and therefore balance appearing on the statement.

divarien

Post by divarien » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:23 pm

@greenie.....wow.. this was what i was looking for...i never knew abt the closing balance stuffs.... Thank You soooo sooo much..