ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension - A small query please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saisundeep

HSMP Extension - A small query please

Post by saisundeep » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:41 am

I have done my HSMP last year in May 2010 with 75 points + 20 (total 95 points) eligibility and it is expiring on next year May 2012, recently I have checked the UKBA website they have increased the eligibility criteria to 80 points + 20 (total 100 points) so next year when I apply for an extension would I have to get 80 +20 = 100 points or I still will be eligible for 75=20=95 points?

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:56 am

You should look at the application form / guidance notes for extension which show how many points you would need depending on when your visa was issued. (And of course it is always possible they would change by the time you apply for your extension.)

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:38 am

goldfish wrote:You should look at the application form / guidance notes for extension which show how many points you would need depending on when your visa was issued. (And of course it is always possible they would change by the time you apply for your extension.)
I have gone through the guidence notes but couldn't find anything specific, could you please help?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Wait for the changes to the immigration rules be published, details of transitional arrangements announced to be known more clearly and, if deemed necessary by UKBA, to publish a revised policy guidance.

I am sure all this will happen much before it is time for you to apply for extension (2012). Relax!

regards

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:38 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Wait for the changes to the immigration rules be published, details of transitional arrangements announced to be known more clearly and, if deemed necessary by UKBA, to publish a revised policy guidance.

I am sure all this will happen much before it is time for you to apply for extension (2012). Relax!

regards
Many Thanks Sushdmehtaji, the reason i am curious to know that if i fall under new rule then i will have to score another 5 points by switching my job and get a raise in salary and for that I need to start looking for job from now on ï