ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Securing extension halfway into first year HSMP EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OZ Paris
Newly Registered

Securing extension halfway into first year HSMP EC

Post by OZ Paris » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:17 pm

Hello everyone

Would you please help with advice on the following.

My HSMP-based one-year EC will expire at end 2006, and I'm planning to move to the UK in July - without a job offer. I'm very anxious to avoid the situation of making such a big move and end up having to leave in a few months.

I have had 10 interviews for UK jobs in the last 6 months, unfortunately none has resulted in a job offer. I understand the rule has changed and they now grant the EC for two years.

It will help tremendously if I know I can extend beyond this year should I not find a job by then. Given my experience in the past six months, it is possible I may not have a job by the time my EC expires in 6 months' time. I can show that I will be able to support myself financially throughout.

How can I ensure I'll be able to stay when my EC expires at end of the year, should I not have found a job by then:
- Is it possible to reapply for HSMP now in order to get the new 2-year EC?
- Any other ways to request extension at this stage?

Thank you very much for your inputs.

OZ Paris
Newly Registered

Any thoughts much appreciated

Post by OZ Paris » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:01 pm

Please, could anyone share your thoughts on this. Thank you.