ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

last panel meeting for COS (under current rules)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenal49
Diamond Member

last panel meeting for COS (under current rules)

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

will there be any panel meeting on 1st April 2011?

regards

vlad04
Newly Registered

Post by vlad04 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:01 am

The application forms clearly say that the start date has to be on or before 31/03/2011 so I guess whatever is left of the interim allocation will be allotted in March.

They said they expect to be taking applications under the new rules from mid-March and the new rules take effect from 6 April, so I guess the panel will meet in early April, but it'll be for the new rules not the old ones.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:35 am

Also, important to note:
We will consider applications for entry clearance or for leave to remain under Tier 1 and Tier 2 made on or after 6 April 2011 in accordance with the new Rules in force after that date. This means that if a migrant applies for entry clearance or leave to remain under Tier 2 on or after the 6 April 2011, we will consider their application under the new rules, even if they hold a CoS issued before 6 April.

regards

umb

Post by umb » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:11 pm

vlad04 wrote:The application forms clearly say that the start date has to be on or before 31/03/2011 so I guess whatever is left of the interim allocation will be allotted in March.

They said they expect to be taking applications under the new rules from mid-March and the new rules take effect from 6 April, so I guess the panel will meet in early April, but it'll be for the new rules not the old ones.
I asked something similar in my previous message but unfortunately got no reply from anyone

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 0f006c4f84

The question is what should the people do whose visa expires between 1st of April and 5th of April? According to COS form they cannot request COS and new rules don't apply to them so how are they going to proceed?

Thanks

vlad04
Newly Registered

Post by vlad04 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:10 am

umb wrote:
vlad04 wrote:The application forms clearly say that the start date has to be on or before 31/03/2011 so I guess whatever is left of the interim allocation will be allotted in March.

I asked something similar in my previous message but unfortunately got no reply from anyone

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 0f006c4f84

The question is what should the people do whose visa expires between 1st of April and 5th of April? According to COS form they cannot request COS and new rules don't apply to them so how are they going to proceed?

Thanks
This is also a question I've been trying to understand and I really don't get how the UKBA has just left a window between old rules and new rules.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

im being devil's advocate here...

ideally, you shouldn't wait till your visa expire or is CLOSE to expiring. THE UKBA recommends making a new app when 60 days or less is remaining on tier 2 visa and there is no equivalent condition for those switching from psw meaning ASAP!...

So, as far as they are concerned.. you should have made an application a little bit earlier rather than wait until the last week of your remaining stay.

i know its not ideal but thats what they would say.

REGARDS

PS. also see the moderator's quoted and highlighted text to understand legal position of UKBA

umb

Post by umb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:39 pm

arsenal49 wrote:

ideally, you shouldn't wait till your visa expire or is CLOSE to expiring. THE UKBA recommends making a new app when 60 days or less is remaining on tier 2 visa and there is no equivalent condition for those switching from psw meaning ASAP!...

So, as far as they are concerned.. you should have made an application a little bit earlier rather than wait until the last week of your remaining stay.

REGARDS

PS. also see the moderator's quoted and highlighted text to understand legal position of UKBA
Hi arsenal49

Thank you for your reply. That is exactly what we have done today. As our company don't have any allocation for COS we have sent an application for initial/additional allocation of COS for consideration in march panel meeting.

Thanks

Umb

umb

Post by umb » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:16 pm

umb wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:

REGARDS

Hi arsenal49

Thank you for your reply. That is exactly what we have done today. As our company don't have any allocation for COS we have sent an application for initial/additional allocation of COS for consideration in march panel meeting.

Thanks

Umb

Hi Guys,

Just an update. We received the e-mail from home office today confirming allocation of COS. It was quick(in 3 days). Apparently they decided on the application out of panel meeting. Application for COS was not exceptional or urgent.

Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:40 pm

job title and salary please

also which visa are you switching from?

umb

Post by umb » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:48 am

arsenal49 wrote:job title and salary please

also which visa are you switching from?
Job Title is Software Engineer and salary is 44K.

Switching from Work Permit holder to Tier 2 General.

pehlad_d
Newly Registered

Re: last panel meeting for COS (under current rules)

Post by pehlad_d » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 pm

arsenal49 wrote:will there be any panel meeting on 1st April 2011?

regards
Just found this link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rangements

yeeha
Newly Registered

Post by yeeha » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:45 am

there is a panel meeting on 11th April.