ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1G in UK, getting married and want to bring wife along

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rathore4u
Newly Registered

T1G in UK, getting married and want to bring wife along

Post by rathore4u » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi,

I got T1G last year and moved to UK in Nov'11.
I am getting married next month and i intend to bring my wife for initial period of 3 - 6 months in UK.
It is not possible to go through the T1G-Dependent route as it will take lot of time and i want her to join me just after marriage.
I am planning for a Family visitor visa, is it possible to apply a family visitor visa for her before the marriage.
If Family visitor is not possible then can we go for a 6 month visitor visa for her, she will be leaving her job so what would be best to confirm her return back to India.

Too much confusion.
Please help.

Thanks,
Rathore

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:04 pm

u ned to get

jt bank a/c

jt insurance policy

jt ration card

changes in spoude passport , u should be included as hubby , vice versa in yr pp

letter from municipal authority or building secretary that spouse is residing to yr place

other wise ho will refusse yr spouse visa

all the best
CDOKS

rathore4u
Newly Registered

Post by rathore4u » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Thanks for the reply Sushil,

I guess, these requirements are for T1G Dependent.
I think its out of question as it will take a lot of time to get the dependent visa. I want her to travel with me just after marriage maybe on a visitor visa.
What all documentation can i do to bring her with me for some amount of time, then she can go back and get Dependent visa done.

Thanks,
Rathore

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:29 am

THERE IS NO SHORT CUT

U PLAN in advance otherwise today i have seen refusal of same case any way

all the best
CDOKS

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:55 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:changes in spoude passport , u should be included as hubby , vice versa in yr pp
Not commenting on the other evidence(s) mentioned in the list, just wanted to share the following regarding the statement above - you may get this done if you wish to, but neither can an entry clearance application be refused for this reason nor is this a legal requirement.

rathore4u, please take into consideration that a dependant of Tier 1 (General) migrant making an entry clearance application as a general / family visitor immediately after marriage may be viewed by the ECO as a highly suspicious course of action. If you search the forum, you will find a few posts by Tier 1 (General) migrants whose dependants have been refused "visitor" visas. Not suggesting that it cannot be done or the rules do not allow it, but that you'll need to provide adequate evidence(s) of your spouse's strong ties to the home country / country she will be returning to, to convince the ECO that the applicant will return from UK before expiry of the visa and not become an overstayer in the UK. And perhaps provide a convincing explanation as to why your spouse is not applying for a dependant visa (timelines and higher fees excluded).

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:10 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:u ned to get

jt bank a/c

jt insurance policy

jt ration card

changes in spoude passport , u should be included as hubby , vice versa in yr pp

letter from municipal authority or building secretary that spouse is residing to yr place

other wise ho will refusse yr spouse visa

all the best
Your response seems like you missed OP's query.

rathore4u
Newly Registered

Post by rathore4u » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:59 am

@sushdmehta

Thanks for the reply.
I too suspect that, in that case i am thinking to present her as an individual and my friend.
As we are not married now and she is single and she will be applying for her visa now, will it be ok for me to present her as my friend who wants to visit the country for some time?
We would just move after 4 days of wedding so her passport and other documents would still show her as single.
In this scenario, she can present her family and job as the reason to return back.

Does this seem a workable solution?

Thanks,

SSEF

Post by SSEF » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:04 pm

rathore4u wrote:@sushdmehta

Thanks for the reply.
I too suspect that, in that case i am thinking to present her as an individual and my friend.
As we are not married now and she is single and she will be applying for her visa now, will it be ok for me to present her as my friend who wants to visit the country for some time?
We would just move after 4 days of wedding so her passport and other documents would still show her as single.
In this scenario, she can present her family and job as the reason to return back.

Does this seem a workable solution?

Thanks,
Not a good idea IMHO - it may lead to refusal later if you apply for a dependents visa (if that is what your long term plan is) - you are emblishing on the truth about too many things and the HO have probably seen this kind of scam (sorry, I dont mean scam in a derogatory way) many times before and it wont bode well for later applications - remember, being deceiptful might ensure short term gain, but lies generally catch up with you in the end!

Wait for others to respond, they may take a different stance to mine.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Why not just tell the truth? Not friend but fiancee, and give the date of your planned wedding.

rathore4u
Newly Registered

Post by rathore4u » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 pm

I would like to tell everything the way it is, but in that case its major chance of rejection. As others have posted on forum that T1G dependents have problem in getting visitor visa.
In a way, what options do people have when they are getting married in india and plan their honeymoon in UK? They are single at the time of visa application.

Maybe, i can tell them that we want to go to UK for our honeymoon, but what reason shall i give them for not going for a dependant visa and to assure them that she will be back after some time.

Thanks

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:14 am

the basic point is - UKBA GUYS will suspect

earlier lot of guys entered through this channel into UK (misused)
so nowadays more chance to rejections at end.

But you have one chance---i have seen using this way they succeed.

1-Submit your marriage certificate
2-Add spouse name in both passports
3-wedding card and photos
4- In covering letter you should explain the situation.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:25 am

chandu1234 wrote:2-Add spouse name in both passports
Not required!

Cannot understand why people list this as a requirement, without any basis (legal or otherwise)? This, in no way, "strengthens" an application or the lack of it does not make an application "weak"!

regards

rathore4u
Newly Registered

Post by rathore4u » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:09 am

@chandu1234

Forgive my ignorance, what you are suggesting is for Dependant visa after a visitor visa right?

rathore4u
Newly Registered

Post by rathore4u » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Does this sound fine for a Visitor visa?

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I, <Sponsor>, (bearing passport no. ) is a permanent employee of <Company>, UK and working as Senior Java Mobile Developer. I am currently residing in UK on Tier 1 General Visa (no: valid till: 30/09/20012), since November 15th 2010.

I would like to sponsor my fiancée Ms. <Sponsored> (bearing Passport No. ) for a period of 4 months (max 6 months).

During her stay in the UK, I will bear all the responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities, return air tickets to travel from India to UK and back, travel expenses within UK, medical insurance, housing and food. She will stay with me in my house located at the below mentioned address:

Below is my address in UK:

<Address>

Reason for her travel:

<Sponsored> and I are getting married on 12th March 2011 and want to spend our honeymoon in UK. We have always been excited about the British culture and way of living. So we would like to stay together in UK for our honeymoon. We had always wished of spending our honeymoon in the beautiful city of Edinburgh, Scotland.

Besides above her visit to UK would enable her to meet me, her cousin brother and sister who are studying in UK.

Why not a Tier1 - Dependant Visa:

There are many reasons because of which we are going for a visitor visa instead of a dependant visa.

1. <Sponsored> has to return back to India for rituals that are performed after honeymoon. These rituals require bride to stay at her in-laws ( my parent's) place for atleast a period of 2 months.

2. We can only apply dependant visa after our marriage and that would be too late as I have to resume my job in UK.

So because of all these reasons we have no option but to go for a visitor visa. For this very reason <Sponsored> has got a Return Ticket done, a copy of which is attached.

I assure that I can support, maintain and accommodate her without any recourse to public funds. ( Attached is Sponsorship Declaration) I will pay for any medical treatment that she may have and that she return to India, her home country much before the UK visit visa duration expires
I would therefore be grateful if you can kindly issue the visa to her

For any other information, Please feel free to contact me on the following numbers
Mobile:

Thanks and Regards,
<Sponsor>

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:35 pm

@ Rathore,

Other folks have provided enough information regarding the visitor visa route.

But just wanted to make a point about the dependent visa. A friend of mine applied for a dependent visa recently and got it in 5 days.

Refer,http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#444417

Perhaps, you could consider the dependent route if time is your only constraint for looking for the alternative of the visitor visa route.

Best luck,
LC