ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transferring money

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alanakaja1980

Transferring money

Post by alanakaja1980 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:40 am

From today my husband will start transferring around 95% of his earnings from his US bank account to my UK bank account. He is the sole earner. As I stated in a previous post, I am currently unemployed on jobseekers allowance and am currently 24 weeks pregnant. The main reason for the transfers is so that we can start to save money for our future.

I know that large money deposits into my account will raise a red flag for the ECO when he is processing my husbands spouse settlement visa. Will a statement in the letter of support from myself explaining the reason for the large deposits be enough to satisfy the ECO? On the application itself we will obviously be stating that I, the sponsor, receive regular payments/income from my spouse. My husband will also submit a letter from himself stating that he makes regular transfers from his account into my account.

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:48 am

I have just re-read the maintenance guidelines and I think I may have found the answer to my question :oops:

Maintenance may be provided by either:

The applicant with their own funds or with funds available to them; or
The sponsor; or
A combination of applicant and sponsor funds; or
Third party suppot (see below).

A couple or other applicant who is/are unable to produce sufficient evidence to meet the maintenance requirement may provide an undertaking from members of their families that those members will support the couple/ applicant until they are able to support themselves from their own resources.

For applicant's and / or sponsor's funds:

Statements covering at least 3 months
Are there regular transactions?
Are the funds immediately available?
Large deposits with no evidence of normal transactions need careful examination.
The extent of the evidence required will depend on the circumstances of the case, with some applicants required to produce more detailed evidence of funds available.

Where there is doubt that the funds will be at the disposal of the applicant, the ECO may ask them for a written undertaking.

Can someone confirm if this does indeed answer my question above? and that there is no problem for my husband to deposit large amounts of money into my UK bank account from his account?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Whilst transfering the money from your hubbys US account to your GB bank account is fine, however I dont see the purpose of doing this.

Your husband can show his bank statements as proof that you have enough money to support you both here in the UK if and when he gets the visa.

If you are going to do what you have suggested then it would be advisable to write an explanatory letter with your applications to show how you have accumulated this money when you are not working and pregnant.

Otherwise the ECO will become suspicious and possibly refuse the visa :wink:

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Thanks Batleykhan. That's what I thought. The main reason for transferring the money is that my savings account accrues interest every month which will help more than it does now when sitting in his US account doing nothing but accruing monthly charges :roll:

Also does my husband have to provide copies of his bank statements with his supporting documents when all the money would be in my accounts?