ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possible to change dates on visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stalwar

Possible to change dates on visa

Post by stalwar » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:16 am

According to http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... a#20768202
If my travel plans are delayed, can the expiry date of my visa be changed?
No, except where there are compelling compassionate circumstances. At the discretion of a visa officer, the expiry date of a visa can be extended for up to 3 months, provided there has been no change in your circumstances. Otherwise you should apply for another visa
I intend to delay my arrival in UK . However, in my Tier 1 form, applied on 1st December, I had mentioned the date of travel as 15th December. Is it possible to appeal to the UK consulate to delay my arrival date for a period of 90 days . My wife is currently in US on L1 and would only be arriving first week of March. Is this a compelling enough reason for them to change my visa date?

Thanks in advance

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:33 pm

yes you can, all you need to do is write an application to the British high commission stating the reason (why you would like to change it) and submit the application along with your passport to the VFS office.

Because i did the same and it worked for me.

Cheers :D
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi scorpio_besal,
Thanks for the reply. Could you please send me a copy of the application that you wrote to the British High Commissioner.

Also, is their an extra fees for this?

If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason that you mentioned asking for delay?

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Brother i wrote a handwritten application to the high commission stating that i would be traveling to UK on 20 march 2011 and i mentioned that according to the UKBA website i could request any date within 90 days from the time of application.

There is no charge and the best part is you would get the passport with the new visa within a weeks time.

Best of luck
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks for the helpful response. I will try this and get back to you. I am in bangalore and the visa consulate is in Chennai. Do i have to engage VFS for this?

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:01 pm

yes you would need to go to VFS to submit your application along with your passport and they will forward all this to the embassy to get it changed.

Once its done the vfs guy will call you so that you could collect your passport.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Can you please provide me with a copy of your letter which would help me immensely in drafting my own request.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks in advance

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:42 pm

To,
The British High Commission
New Delhi,

This is to request you to change the entry date from this XYZ to ABC as this would be within 90 days from the time i had applied for the tier 1 visa.

The following are the details:-

Name:
Passport No:
Visa Entry Date:

NEW DATE REQUESTED:XYZ

Thanks
XYZ
Regards,
A Mutant Member

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi Scorpio_besal,
VFS bangalore has informed me that they are not aware of any such process of change in date of visa. They have requested for an email from Cheenai embassy stating clearly that such a request would be entertained.

Did you go through something similar?

I have written an email requesting the same as above to Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk. However, I have received no reply for the past week. Today, I sent another reminder but still no response. Any idea how much time they take to respond. Is their any number for Cheenai visa consulate?

Thanks in advance

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:54 am

To be honest , they are just playing with you.. if i have done it why is it that they are denying it .. may be they are new to such kind of case.. anyways you tell them to take your application along with your passport and tell them to send it to the high commission.. tell them that it can be done.. if not then ask them to visit the UKBA website for clarification.
stalwar wrote:Hi Scorpio_besal,
VFS bangalore has informed me that they are not aware of any such process of change in date of visa. They have requested for an email from Cheenai embassy stating clearly that such a request would be entertained.

Did you go through something similar?

I have written an email requesting the same as above to Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk. However, I have received no reply for the past week. Today, I sent another reminder but still no response. Any idea how much time they take to respond. Is their any number for Cheenai visa consulate?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
A Mutant Member

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Okay, I am going to visit them tomorrow to sort this out. I know i am hounding you with multiple questions but do they need any documentation (like bank statements) to prove that my financial situation has not changed?

Thanks in advance

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Perhaps they are more likely to need evidence of the compelling compassionate circumstances.

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:24 am

No such luck. Tried this and got my passport back today. They haven't change the date and have given no reason :(

Any ideas as to what can be done now ?