ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa and drink driving

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

divaboy
Newly Registered

Spouse visa and drink driving

Post by divaboy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:06 am

My Finacee are both in the UK she's here on a Fiancee visa.
We are soon to be married in 5 days she has 2 drinking convictions in Taiwan one 2008 and one in 2007.

Now on her fiancee visa application which she applied for in Taipei we only mentioned the one in 2008 as we thought the 2007 was spent :oops: Clearly it is not!

So when we apply for the Spouse visa we obviously are going to declare her 2007 conviction. As this is the only thing that has changed since we got granted a Fiancee visa, do you think it will make any difference having 2 Drinking driving convictions as opposed to one? I'm getting myself slightly worked up about this :?

Also her passport is under the name of Miss once we get married she will be a Mrs once we are married obviously do the ECO's understand and this and apply common sense? Or do we somehow have to get a her a new passport in the space of 10 days for her name change due to marriage? :shock:

Thank you all very much for reading and hopefully helping getting a little bit nervous now.

P.s if it makes a difference I was born in the UK and I am a British Citizen
Last edited by divaboy on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

divaboy
Newly Registered

Post by divaboy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:28 am

So do drink driving convictions normally effect things in spouse visa's? Was definitely going to clarifyit in my letter. Any ideas on the miss and Mrs with passport?

Thanks for your speedy reply

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:57 am

divaboy wrote:So do drink driving convictions normally effect things in spouse visa's? Was definitely going to clarifyit in my letter. Any ideas on the miss and Mrs with passport?

Just put Mrs. and whatever name she has in her passport. They do apply common sense :D

divaboy
Newly Registered

Post by divaboy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:20 pm

ElenaW wrote:
divaboy wrote:So do drink driving convictions normally effect things in spouse visa's? Was definitely going to clarifyit in my letter. Any ideas on the miss and Mrs with passport?

Just put Mrs. and whatever name she has in her passport. They do apply common sense :D
That's a relief!Anyone got any advice about drink driving convictions with just fines,do they usually affect a spouse visa application ?

Thanks again

surprised77
Newly Registered

Post by surprised77 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:07 am

divaboy wrote:
ElenaW wrote:

That's a relief!Anyone got any advice about drink driving convictions with just fines,do they usually affect a spouse visa application ?

Thanks again

I have been a silent watcher of this forum. I have an unspent court conviction of drink and drive (DR10). Applied for ILR in PEO Croydon on 29th November 2011. The application was downgraded to postal for 'further checks'. Eventually received passport today with ILR stamped.