ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance for applying Tier1-Dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mr.niceguy
Newly Registered

Guidance for applying Tier1-Dependant visa

Post by Mr.niceguy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi,
I am working in UK since for the past 2 years under Tier 2 (ICT).My wife is living with me here and she has Tier 1 (General) which she got it in India and her visa expires on June 2012. She is in the process of trying for a job here since 2 months. We have 2 kids and both were dependant on my Tier2 (ICT) processed by my company.
Now I am thinking of switching from Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 1 dependant since my Tier2 visa is expires in May 2011.I have the following queries. Could anyone please clarify these queries?

1. I heard from my friends, that for applying TIER 1 dependants we have to go back to India and apply from there irrespective of your current location. Is it correct?
2. In the application for dependants (VAF10), they have asked for main applicant’s job details. Since my wife is yet to find a job here, does it has any impact on the approval of our dependant visa?
3. Maintenance funds
We are totally 3 dependants. (me +2 kids) .I have sufficient fund in my UK account to show the maintenance funds.(800+533*3). My wife doesn’t have any account in UK but she has sufficient fund in Indian bank account. Does my UK account is sufficient enough to apply for dependants for all the three of us (Me+2 kids) OR Would Home office ask fund in my wife’s account as well?

I have already got answer for query#1.Appreciate your replies for other 2

Thanks a ton for your time ...

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:16 am

2-NO
3- on which visa your wife came to here.(T1/T2)----
if she is on T1 what is the date of entry into UK on Tier1?

if she is not on T1 in UK than you should 1600+1600+2800

if she is on T1 AND LESS THAN ONE YEAR in UK than you should 1600+1600+800

if she is on T1 AND ONE YEAR in UK than you should 533+533+800