ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA for EEA2... after 2 months, still nothing

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

epoh
Newly Registered

COA for EEA2... after 2 months, still nothing

Post by epoh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Hello Everybody,
My husband applied for his residence card back on Dec 21, 2010. After that, we sent 4 emails and called twice the UK Border Agency. We came to know that the COA was sent out to our address on Feb 10th.
Yet, as of today, we still did not receive it. I wonder if this is common or unusual. We read other messages from other members of the forum, and it seems to us the COA usually takes 1 month maximum to be received.
Any feedback/advice?
Thanks in advance and best.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:33 pm

It seems unusual. You will have to ring them again. Have you confirmation at least that your application was received?

epoh
Newly Registered

Post by epoh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks for your reply 86ti. Yes, they've confirmed receipt of the application (which reach them the day after we sent it). Yet, without a COA, we cannot really find any job. We will ring them again, as you suggested.

mimine30

hello

Post by mimine30 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:44 pm

hi epoh,
and welcome to the forum
it seems me that is a matter for royal mail
if not you can kindly suggestto ho to semd you another one,just be honest with them that you never received it, it is unsual to take all this time,you shouldve receive it by now

good luck let us know how did it go

epoh
Newly Registered

Post by epoh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Hello Mimine30,

Thanks for your message and help. I called them earlier in the afternoon, and I was told to send them a fax stating the delay, which I did thereafter.

At the same time, I got contradicting answers: while I was told that the COA was sent on Feb 10th in one of my previous calls, today they said that it was sent on Jan 10th.

Anyway, the main issue doesn't change: so far, we didn't get it, so we hope things will get sorted out pretty soon.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks and best.

Carling40
Australia

Re: COA for EEA2... after 2 months, still nothing

Post by Carling40 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:30 pm

epoh wrote:Hello Everybody,
My husband applied for his residence card back on Dec 21, 2010. After that, we sent 4 emails and called twice the UK Border Agency. We came to know that the COA was sent out to our address on Feb 10th.
Yet, as of today, we still did not receive it. I wonder if this is common or unusual. We read other messages from other members of the forum, and it seems to us the COA usually takes 1 month maximum to be received.
Any feedback/advice?
Thanks in advance and best.
hi,

they should issue you a COA immediately on receipt of your application ideally, however they do take their time. Few things you need to take into consideration:
you submitted few days before christmas perhaps that had a thing to do with it, the COA is sent 2nd class royal mail which can take 5-10 working days, and it could have been misplaced by the royal. so far youve done the right thing by chasing them through the avenues youve mentioned, they should respond accordingly. if you havent received it, call them. they would ask you to write in, request for their fax number (they change it often) and send them a fax( it gets there instantly). also ask if it has been assigned to a case worker, if it has request that your case worker sends it to you cos you require it for employment purposes.
you have to bear in mind that when you initially submit an EEA application that requires COA to be sent it goes to a team whose sole purpose is to check ur docs and issue what needs to be issued and thats it! it then moves to the casework stage.
hope this helps good luck and God speed

epoh
Newly Registered

Post by epoh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Hello Carling40,

The info you provided helps a great deal in fact, thanks for that!

My husband's application has not been assigned to any case worker so far, and yes, both the Christmas holidays and a possible delay with the Royal Mail might be part of the reason.

I got the fax number from them today, over the phone, and I sent a fax straight away. I also sent the same content of the fax through email.

Any feedback from them, I'll let you know.

Thanks and best.

epoh
Newly Registered

Post by epoh » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Hello Everybody,

Good news! After sending the fax and calling other 2 times, we received the Certificate of Application for the Residence Card today. It clearly states my husband's right to work in the UK whilst waiting for a residence card to be issued.

The COA is dated January 19th, which was actually shortly after we applied (December 21st). Also, last week we called the UK border agency and were told our case would be assigned to a case worker within a fortnight.

Many thanks to those of you that helped us out. We'll keep you posted.

Best