ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need urgent help! on applying multiplication factor!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thiruuk

need urgent help! on applying multiplication factor!

Post by thiruuk » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 am

hi experts!

i m applying(switch over from psw) Tier1(General).
only by applying multiplication factor on my indian earnings which i made physically present in the country for past 9 months am eligible for applying.

i got two kind of feed back onthis

1. one is i can apply multiplication factor on my earnings

2. i can apply only by showing equivalent amount to pounds not by converted by using multiplication factor.

is any one who faced this same situation ?
what is the result for that.

even i discussed with one solicitor they gave me positive feed back on it.

i'm in the dilemma please help me on this. as im taking risk by spending money and time(taking leave ).

if i cant on what basis my application will be refused.

Thank you.
tHiRu

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:31 pm

Were you in the UK while making the Indian earnings? Given that you are on a PSW, I would assume so.
Earnings can only be given an uplift if you were physically present in the country. So if you were in India for those 9 months you can apply the uplift, otherwise you will just have to convert it to GBP and see if you meet the required criteria.

thiruuk

Post by thiruuk » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:36 pm

jason23 wrote:Were you in the UK while making the Indian earnings? Given that you are on a PSW, I would assume so.
Earnings can only be given an uplift if you were physically present in the country. So if you were in India for those 9 months you can apply the uplift, otherwise you will just have to convert it to GBP and see if you meet the required criteria.

thanks a lot jason. for your quick reply.
yes jason im in still india only. i'm returning back mid of march.
tHiRu

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:50 pm

thiruuk wrote:
jason23 wrote:Were you in the UK while making the Indian earnings? Given that you are on a PSW, I would assume so.

thanks a lot jason. for your quick reply.
yes jason im in still india only. i'm returning back mid of march.
In that case you can definitely apply the uplift ratio. Good luck :)

akash08

Post by akash08 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:07 pm

if you are physically present in India while earning Indian salary, you can use uplift ratio but if you are in UK during Indian earning, then you can only convert it to GBP.

There is no other rule here. Take my word for it.. this is absolutely correct irrespective of whatever people may tell you.

thiruuk

Post by thiruuk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 am

akash08 wrote:if you are physically present in India while earning Indian salary, you can use uplift ratio but if you are in UK during Indian earning, then you can only convert it to GBP.

There is no other rule here. Take my word for it.. this is absolutely correct irrespective of whatever people may tell you.
Thanks a lot for quick response akash. i look for ward
tHiRu