ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for education and the qualifications framework.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cuberoot

Points for education and the qualifications framework.

Post by cuberoot » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:19 pm

Hi

This may seem like a confusing post, but I am hoping somebody can help me.

The UK has a National Qualifications Framework, where different qualifications are on different levels. The current framework has 8 levels. This is the framework against which you will be judged when using NARIC. I would just like some clarification on which levels would score points for HSMP.

1. Are the only scoring levels 6,7 & 8?
2. Will a graduate diploma/certificate in level 6 qualify for the same points as a degree, since they are in the same level?
3. What are the requirements for a qualification to be graded as level 6?
4. What are "equivalent vocational qualifications" as mentioned in the HSMP application forms? Any examples?

The reason I am asking all these questions is because I have noticed that many foreign 3 year qualifications and degrees are graded as HND. This falls in level 5. I think this could be unfair in many cases.

I would appreciate input from experienced senior members.

rvg
Newly Registered

Vocational Qualifications

Post by rvg » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:18 am

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:02 am

Hi

That is a very helpful link, thank you. It answers some of my questions.

So are the only vocational qualifications that are eligible from the UK? If Naric recognises a qualification as BTEC HND which is level 5 according to the QCA, then are you eligible for 25 points?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:51 pm

Where did you get from that BTECH HND will be awarded 25 points ?
Almost every student, every empoyers in the UK know that HND is lower then Bachelor degree.
How could it be that they will be awarded 25 points ?????

Actually if you just want to spend a few minutes to search in this forum you will find all answer to your questions.
Pantaiema

cuberoot wrote:Hi

That is a very helpful link, thank you. It answers some of my questions.

So are the only vocational qualifications that are eligible from the UK? If Naric recognises a qualification as BTEC HND which is level 5 according to the QCA, then are you eligible for 25 points?

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:49 pm

Hi

I have searched this forum and nobody seems to be able to clearly tie up the points with the various levels of the UK NQF or QCA.

The post I was direcetd to by rvg states that a QCA level 5 should receive 25 points. However a BTEC HND is NQF level 5, thats why I am confused.

I think I am confused because of the differing levels of the NQF and the QCA. I think if NARIC receives a qualification that they feel is level 6 or higher on their framework then you will be awarded points. I also think if they receive a qualification that is QCA level 5 (vocational qualifications) or above, then points will be awarded. However, this is purely my idea and what I can gather from the guidance notes. I could be wrong?

Most 3 year degrees from foreign countries seem to be graded as HND by Naric. I think it is a very subjective process, thats why I am doing research into this matter.

I dont see any posts that answer my questions pantaiema.