ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

important decision...need help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

longwalkhome2010

important decision...need help

Post by longwalkhome2010 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:06 am

hi
i am an mba student in the UK. i am planning to apply for PSW visa in the beginning of June 2011. my dependent wife wants to strat studying a 12 months masters in september 2011 after i get the psw for two years (we want to avoid the complicated process of obtaining student visa for her from home country). so the time between june 2011 to september 2011 is very crucial for me. how long does it normally take to process PSW (approximately) ?? if i apply in june 2011 will i get it before september 2011? i am very worried about the situation as i can not take any decision because of this uncertainty. any suggestion will be much appreciated.
thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: important decision...need help

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:42 pm

longwalkhome2010 wrote:if i apply in june 2011 will i get it before september 2011?
No one but the caseworker can tell you how long it may take for a decision to be reached on your application. Before 14 weeks of submission UKBA will not even tell you the status of your application ... and they may even refuse to do so after 14 weeks of submission!

Browse this topic to get an idea on the processing timelines of successful applicants and you'll notice that the timelines can vary quite significantly! Why? Again, only a caseworker can answer that!

regards

longwalkhome2010

Post by longwalkhome2010 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:08 am

thank u very much for the information