ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:26 pm

scrudu wrote:
Latan wrote:...i've read that MACDowell is making a "come-back"...for the FG-party- more of the same !!
Michael McDowell was with the PD party previously not FG.
mcdowell was originally a td for fg in the 1980's. he would be mad to return to politics though he does have an ego .fg aren't stupid enough tohave back surely

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:15 pm

adura wrote:I submitted my yellow form exactly 2weeks ago..thot they said before 6weeks we would get a response...early days i hope..
Those that submitted in January any news yet???????

Update us please
You'll get better updates on the nat cert thread.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

HOTSPURS

Minister's decision

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:39 am

folks, any news regarding the files that were sent to Minister in 1st / 2nd week of January? we haven't heard of any approvals since then. Is the Minister's Office closed already for Elections !?

crown

Re: Minister's decision

Post by crown » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:39 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:folks, any news regarding the files that were sent to Minister in 1st / 2nd week of January? we haven't heard of any approvals since then. Is the Minister's Office closed already for Elections !?
Has anyone succeeded in getting across to DOJ Their phone lines have been off since last week. Any info on files sent to the Minister

monte

Post by monte » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi everyone,
i applied in early June 2008 after 5 yrs of working and having stamp 4, haven't heard a word since then except acknowledging that they received my p21 for yrs 2008 and 2009, I'm just writing to share my experience with the citizenship application, and will keep updating it if any changes happened.
take care everyone.

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:19 am

HOTSPURS wrote:folks, any news regarding the files that were sent to Minister in 1st / 2nd week of January? we haven't heard of any approvals since then. Is the Minister's Office closed already for Elections !?
Hey Hotspurs,
I don't think the office is closed. I know of three approvals given out in the past 2 weeks with the latest Form 7 sent out to an approved candidate just three days ago (Thursday).
So, they're still going through them... Thankfully, they haven't been affected by the upcoming elections (yet).

I'm expecting mine any day now... I've completed 2 years of waiting... Many of the lads I know have taken it after 23-25 months of waiting. So fingers crossed.

Good luck to all waiting!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Sinolate wrote:
Hey Hotspurs,
I don't think the office is closed. I know of three approvals given out in the past 2 weeks with the latest Form 7 sent out to an approved candidate just three days ago (Thursday).
So, they're still going through them... Thankfully, they haven't been affected by the upcoming elections (yet).

I'm expecting mine any day now... I've completed 2 years of waiting... Many of the lads I know have taken it after 23-25 months of waiting. So fingers crossed.

23-25 months only !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's strange what I know it is almost 30 months right now despite of having the DOJ mentioned 26 months on there website.
Can I ask you what nationalities are your friends? and in what basis they got it? 5 years residency or refugee?
peace on you

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
Sinolate wrote:
Hey Hotspurs,

23-25 months only !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's strange what I know it is almost 30 months right now despite of having the DOJ mentioned 26 months on there website.
Can I ask you what nationalities are your friends? and in what basis they got it? 5 years residency or refugee?
They're all from Iraq and are in Ireland on refugee status. I suppose that swings things in their favour; I've read on numerous occasions on this forum that refugee applications have lesser waiting times than 5 years work permit holders. I was a bit skeptical about this at first, but a trend has begun to emerge. One of them got it in just 17 months! Unbelievable.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:41 am

Sinolate wrote:
Hey Hotspurs,

Thanks for the update, Sinolate. do you know when your file was sent to minister? i was told on phone that mine was sent on Jan 13th. i've been on the 'Special' queue for 32 months now :roll: do not know when the agony would end. Please keep us updated on the forum. Cheers

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 am

Sinolate wrote: They're all from Iraq and are in Ireland on refugee status. I suppose that swings things in their favour; I've read on numerous occasions on this forum that refugee applications have lesser waiting times than 5 years work permit holders. I was a bit skeptical about this at first, but a trend has begun to emerge. One of them got it in just 17 months! Unbelievable.
The processing time for naturalization applications based on refugee status is shorter. I think the reason for this is that they are compelled by some UN commitment to prioritize "stateless" persons and ensure that they are naturalized within a specific time frame. It can be annoying for people who are economically viable and continue to contribute economically to the state when their applications continue to be pushed to the bottom of the list.

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:19 am

HOTSPURS wrote: do you know when your file was sent to minister?
I have no idea. I haven't received my Form 7 yet and they told me they are in the advanced processing stage for the application in early January. That'll all I know... lol
So, until I get Form 7 and perform the oath, I'm pretty much in the dark. Updates from them are few and far between, not many details emerge from DoJ voluntarily.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:48 am

Hi Abdul-w A
i sent u private message can u pls have a look if u get time
many thanx
s

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Sinolate wrote:
I have no idea. I haven't received my Form 7 yet and they told me they are in the advanced processing stage for the application in early January. That'll all I know... lol
So, until I get Form 7 and perform the oath, I'm pretty much in the dark. Updates from them are few and far between, not many details emerge from DoJ voluntarily.
A friend of mine whose file was sent to Minister on Jan 19th got his Form 7 today, 18th Feb. I was told mine was sent on Jan 13th but no sight of decision yet. anyone else who got their Form 7 today ??

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:
Sinolate wrote:
A friend of mine whose file was sent to Minister on Jan 19th got his Form 7 today, 18th Feb. I was told mine was sent on Jan 13th but no sight of decision yet. anyone else who got their Form 7 today ??
Did they voluntarily inform you that your file was sent to the minister? Is it common practice to do so? Or have you contacted them asking for updates and they replied to you telling you that the file has been sent to the minister?

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:45 am

Did they voluntarily inform you that your file was sent to the minister? Is it common practice to do so? Or have you contacted them asking for updates and they replied to you telling you that the file has been sent to the minister?

@ Sinolate - i kept calling them once in 3 weeks & they told me on phone that the file has benn sent to minister's office.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Folks,
Im keen to know if any of the 2009 applicants have been asked to provide additional docs by DoJ (those who have applied on the basis of living and working here for 5 yrs rather than spouses of Irish nationals).
If so, in which month of 2009 was the original application for naturalisation submitted?

antares725
Newly Registered

Post by antares725 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:15 pm

strongbow wrote:Hi Folks,
Im keen to know if any of the 2009 applicants have been asked to provide additional docs by DoJ (those who have applied on the basis of living and working here for 5 yrs rather than spouses of Irish nationals).
If so, in which month of 2009 was the original application for naturalisation submitted?
Hi,I've applied in February of the 2009( after 5 years on work permit, eastern europian) and have herd nothing from INIS so far.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:00 am

antares725 wrote:
strongbow wrote:Hi Folks,
Hi,I've applied in February of the 2009( after 5 years on work permit, eastern europian) and have herd nothing from INIS so far.
folks, nov 2008 applicant has recently been asked for additional docs. that's where they are..

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi
I applied on July 2009 and nothing requested yet.
what about the others who applied in the same year? please share with your situation.
peace on you

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:33 pm

IRISH PHAROE, i think its to early

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 pm

flatpack wrote:IRISH PHAROE, i think its to early
and when do you thnik in your opinion they might ask for further documents?
peace on you

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Its not too early. My friend applied in April 09 -as spouse of an Irish citizen though. They have written to him a couple of times, the last letter informing him that his name as written on his birth cert would be the name Justice would use on his CON. I suppose you should hear from them soon.
Its never too late

monte

Post by monte » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Hi
what about the others who applied in the same year? please share with your situation.
to be realistic you will be looking at a year from now to get the decision on your application, i applied early june 2008 & a friend of mine applied in march 2008, we are both doctors who worked for 5 yrs prior to applying and both of us didn't hear anything yet.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 pm

monte wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:Hi
to be realistic you will be looking at a year from now to get the decision on your application, i applied early june 2008 & a friend of mine applied in march 2008, we are both doctors who worked for 5 yrs prior to applying and both of us didn't hear anything yet.
and they did not even asked you for further documents?
March 2008 that is mean 36 months and they mentioned in their website 26 months?
so i think i was very optimestic to say to myself that i would get a decision by the end of this year.
peace on you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:45 pm

ostrich wrote:Its not too early. My friend applied in April 09 -as spouse of an Irish citizen though. They have written to him a couple of times, the last letter informing him that his name as written on his birth cert would be the name Justice would use on his CON. I suppose you should hear from them soon.
It is proposed that the spouse of Irish citizen getting their decisions earlier than the 5 yrs working visa.

Nannette,
What's your opinion about that and what's your predictions for the pepole who applied on 2009?
I see you have very good predictions before, your opinion please
peace on you