ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Malaysian Immigration know if I enter on UK Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cintapants
Newly Registered

Will Malaysian Immigration know if I enter on UK Passport

Post by cintapants » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Hello. I'm a dual national British/Malaysian. Malaysia does not recognise dual nationality. I have recently encountered a problem because of new UK immigration laws that won't allow an ROA stamp in the non-UK passport of a UK passport holder.

My question is - having travelled in and out of Malaysia for the last 20 years of my life, should I suddenly start visiting Malaysia on my British passport (as I never stay longer than 3 months) is there any way of the Malaysian authorities finding out?

Does the biometric data (fingerprint scanning) immediately raise alarms?

Anyone have any experience of this?

republique
BANNED

Re: Will Malaysian Immigration know if I enter on UK Passpor

Post by republique » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:16 pm

cintapants wrote:Hello. I'm a dual national British/Malaysian. Malaysia does not recognise dual nationality. I have recently encountered a problem because of new UK immigration laws that won't allow an ROA stamp in the non-UK passport of a UK passport holder.

My question is - having travelled in and out of Malaysia for the last 20 years of my life, should I suddenly start visiting Malaysia on my British passport (as I never stay longer than 3 months) is there any way of the Malaysian authorities finding out?

Does the biometric data (fingerprint scanning) immediately raise alarms?

Anyone have any experience of this?
I dont understand why you dont travel with both
enter malayasia with your malasian passport
and uk and the british one.
or are you paranoid that you will be searched

cintapants
Newly Registered

Post by cintapants » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Because my Malaysian passport has no Right of Abode stamp in it in line with new British regulations.

I can definately enter on my Malaysian passport - but they'll say - "where have you been? Surely you must have another nationality if you have obviously been out of the country and have no entry stamps to that country..."

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:47 pm

cintapants wrote:Because my Malaysian passport has no Right of Abode stamp in it in line with new British regulations.

I can definately enter on my Malaysian passport - but they'll say - "where have you been? Surely you must have another nationality if you have obviously been out of the country and have no entry stamps to that country..."
Who will say where have you been?

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:49 am

It seems you are trying to do something illegal. Because Malaysia doesn't recognize dual citizenship, you are no more a Malaysia citizen. Plain and simple.
The best option is for you to apply for visa and travel as a Brit.

Traveler33
Newly Registered

Post by Traveler33 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:36 pm

"doesn't recognize dual citizenship" means different things to different countries, and not necessarily "doesn't ALLOW dual citizenship"

I DO NOT know about Malaysia, buy the above phrase can mean
1) foreign citizenship is forbidden,
or
2) we only treat you as our citizen, no matter what other nationalities you hold, so you must use our passport to enter / exit our country, and we ignore the fact that you have other citizenships if you are arrested, forced to serve in the military, etc.

In many countries #2 is the meaning.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:32 pm

In this case it is "does not allow dual citizenship".

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysian_nationality_law

"Any person holding Malaysian citizenship is also disallowed to hold any other country's citizenship. Malaysia does not allow dual citizenship."