ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa. rent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bedar Bakht
Newly Registered

spouse visa. rent

Post by Bedar Bakht » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi

i want to sponsor my wife and have almost everything ready. but a friend of mine has just told me that one important thing is missing and that is the reciepts of the rent i pay.

i am living as a private tenant. i pay the rent as 'cash in hand' to my landlord. i get no reciepts or anything for it.

will it be a problem not having the proof of rent paid?

i need to ask one more thing that is it a must to get a survey of the house to measure the size of rooms and that? will the case get rejected straight away if it has no survey of the house?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Receipts for rent are not required. You will need a proper tennancy agreement which must be for a minimum of 6 months.

Survey of property is not essential but highly desirable.

Your landlord dhould give you a rent book where all the rent and deposits are recorded. You should demand this of them.

Bedar Bakht
Newly Registered

Post by Bedar Bakht » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:57 pm

batleykhan wrote:Receipts for rent are not required. You will need a proper tennancy agreement which must be for a minimum of 6 months.

Your landlord dhould give you a rent book where all the rent and deposits are recorded. You should demand this of them.
Thanks batleykhan. i do have a 12 months proper tenancy agreement which states the start date and monthly rent on it aswell. but i dont have any rent books:( will it do without it? coz i want to send the papers by next monday and cant waste a single day any more just to get a rent book as its already been 2 years now my wife is waiting:(.

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:45 am

We don't rent receipts/rent book. A valid tenancy agreement should be good. Also, attach any utility bills/council tax bill as another proof.

Cheers
Bedar Bakht wrote:
batleykhan wrote:Receipts for rent are not required. You will need a proper tennancy agreement which must be for a minimum of 6 months.

Thanks batleykhan. i do have a 12 months proper tenancy agreement which states the start date and monthly rent on it aswell. but i dont have any rent books:( will it do without it? coz i want to send the papers by next monday and cant waste a single day any more just to get a rent book as its already been 2 years now my wife is waiting:(.

Green Giant
Newly Registered

Post by Green Giant » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 pm

I face a problem with this issue when we sorted out my visa a month ago in Zimbabwe ,get a letter from your land lord to say

You pay rent
How much you pay
How long you have lived there
And the house is enough for you and your wife
And that you are still living there

Believe me you need this

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:36 pm

well my husband in england has rented a house for 6 months and has the tenancy agreement but by the time we apply, only three months would be left. is the tenancy agreement valid or should he extend it before we apply?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:36 pm

doc.amby4 wrote:well my husband in england has rented a house for 6 months and has the tenancy agreement but by the time we apply, only three months would be left. is the tenancy agreement valid or should he extend it before we apply?
It would be helpful if the landlord could provide confirmation that the tenancy will be renewed if that is the plan.

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Its an housing agency he's communicating with. If the agency writes a letter that by the end of six months contract, it shall be renewed, is it going to suffice or should he extend his contract already before applying for visa??

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 pm

There should be a minimum of 6 months left on any tenancy agreement when presented with an application.

Anything less than this could up end in a refusal as the ECO will have doubts whether accommodation might l be available when the applicant arrives in UK :wink:

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:02 pm

hmmmmm, another issue now:(:(

thanks again for the help!!