ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student married to British citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gmbilal007
Newly Registered

student married to British citizen

Post by gmbilal007 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:45 am

i m on student visa i marreid to a british girl i wana to apply marriage vias can u help me

Jattboi

marriage

Post by Jattboi » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:23 am

U must apply for entry clearance from your own country and your british partner must sponsor you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Jattboi this isn't correct.
If you have a valid student visa after the marriage you can apply for further leave as a spouse on form FLR(M) from within the UK.
Are you both over 21?

gmbilal007
Newly Registered

Post by gmbilal007 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Casa wrote:Jattboi this isn't correct.
If you have a valid student visa after the marriage you can apply for further leave as a spouse on form FLR(M) from within the UK.
Are you both over 21?
yes im 26 n my wife is 27
and she is claiming DLA , incapacity and housing benefits and im working 10 hours a week as im allowed so we have been married in end of Dec as islamic law nw we want to get married according to english law so we r waiting for april as COA will be finished in April as some body told me as my wife get her passport couple of days before so we r waiting any way i have a full time job offer letter if i will be allowed to work full time so do u think i can get my spous visa n what else i need to sort these things out plz i waiting for briefly response what should i do now so i can get my spous visa as my student visa is due to expire in May 2012.
Thanks
waiting for brief reply

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:46 pm

It hasn't been confirmed that the requirement for a COA will be withdrawn in April.

gmbilal007
Newly Registered

Post by gmbilal007 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Casa wrote:It hasn't been confirmed that the requirement for a COA will be withdrawn in April.
ok thanks for updating me plz can u answer my rest of the questions plz

can anyone anwer my question as my wife is Claiming benefit that are HB for Sharing accomodation Disability allowance and incapcity and i working 10 hours a week so can get my spous visa