ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What if my Tier 1 Extension application is rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ganeshptrk

What if my Tier 1 Extension application is rejected

Post by ganeshptrk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:27 pm

All,
I am Tier 1 Visa holder with visa expiring in Aug 2011. I entered U.K almost after 1 month of initial visa. I am planning to apply just 1 week before the expiry of current visa to avoid 2nd extension.

What happens if my extenstion application is rejected for any reason and that was due to a mistake from my side (such as missing payslip/bank statements).

I know i will be given a change to appeal as my I will no longer be having a valid visa or leave the country within 28 days. Can I appeal or re-apply submitting missing documents again..?

I need you advice on this to decide whether to apply early enoguh or just 1 week before.

Thanks

ukukukuk2011

Re: What if my Tier 1 Extension application is rejected

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:51 am

1 Week is like taking the biggest risk .
i would not hesitate spending 1000 £ for another extension than going home after 5 years of struggled stay in Uk ....

You can make the 1000 £ in 2 weeks time :) ....

To answer your Question , i think if your Visa has expired that is it , it has expired , HO is not gonna help you in any way ....

You can apply even 6 months earlier . 28 days rule is just in writing . I applied almost 5 months earlier ...You could also explain in covering letter your situation that your ILR will be due in 1 month and so to avoid further extension for just a month if they can adjust in this extension . I have seen cases where they can provide a grace extension ...

ganeshptrk wrote:All,
I am Tier 1 Visa holder with visa expiring in Aug 2011. I entered U.K almost after 1 month of initial visa. I am planning to apply just 1 week before the expiry of current visa to avoid 2nd extension.

What happens if my extenstion application is rejected for any reason and that was due to a mistake from my side (such as missing payslip/bank statements).

I know i will be given a change to appeal as my I will no longer be having a valid visa or leave the country within 28 days. Can I appeal or re-apply submitting missing documents again..?

I need you advice on this to decide whether to apply early enoguh or just 1 week before.

Thanks