ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 application - salary+ dividends, what documents?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rvked1
Newly Registered

tier 1 application - salary+ dividends, what documents?

Post by rvked1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi,
I am applying for the Tier 1 points based system, and claiming points for income based on salary and dividends. Both incomes are from different sources, the salary is from another company, dividends are from a limited company where I am the sole shareholder & director. The period for which I earned the dividends and am claiming points for ties with the company's accounting period.

I have hired a lawyer to help me with my application, but he says there is a high likelihood the application will be rejected, because I have not registered as self-employed, don't have an individual UTR and made no Class 2 NIC contributions.

Please could someone advise me, is this true, as my understanding is what I have done is correct, that director's don't register as self-employed, only register for self assessment.

Please could someone also advise me what documents should I submit to claim salary + dividends? I have everything ready - payslip + personal bank account for salary, dividend voucher (signed by myself) + personal bank statement + business bank statement + company accounts + letter from accountant for dividends.

Many thanks in advance.

Ps:
I had applied for the individual UTR a number of times (phone and post) from more than 6 months ago, but no response to date. The date I need to fill in the self assessment is Jan 2012, as the dividends were all earned in the current tax year.

nvspradeep
Newly Registered

Post by nvspradeep » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:49 pm

(Based on general policy guidelines @ http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/ :- ref points 140 and 141)

You may have to get a "small earnings exception certificate" issued by HMRC. You accountant might help you with this. (My renewal is not due until next year and I too fall in the same category – only diff is that I take descent salary from my company for which I pay a minimum NI)

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Re: tier 1 application - salary+ dividends, what documents?

Post by adityaisukapalli » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:12 pm

rvked1 wrote:Hi,

as my understanding is what I have done is correct, that director's don't register as self-employed, only register for self assessment.
You are correct. You are not self employed. You will only register for self assessment and HM&RC will give you UTR. But, you don't need to submit your UTR with your application and there is no way you will be rejected.

There is no need to send your business bank statement + company accounts. The more documents you send, more trouble you will be in.

All the Best.

rvked1
Newly Registered

thanks..

Post by rvked1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:30 pm

many thanks...so I will just send dividend vouchers + personal bank statements + letter from accountant for the dividends. fingers crossed, and will update the forum.

sreblog

Re: thanks..

Post by sreblog » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am

rvked1 wrote:many thanks...so I will just send dividend vouchers + personal bank statements + letter from accountant for the dividends. fingers crossed, and will update the forum.
Can you let me know the status ? I have no salary slips but only dividents as my earnings.

rahulbsp
Newly Registered

applying tier1 only with dividends

Post by rahulbsp » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:05 pm

I saw your query regarding dividends and ni contribution. I am also i similar situation can you please advice what happened to you when you just submitted the dividends as salary proof. Did you get the extension?

rahulbsp
Newly Registered

applying tier1 only with dividends

Post by rahulbsp » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:06 pm

I saw your query regarding dividends and ni contribution. I am also i similar situation can you please advice what happened to you when you just submitted the dividends as salary proof. Did you get the extension?

d193068
Newly Registered

Post by d193068 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Last edited by d193068 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

d193068
Newly Registered

Post by d193068 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 pm