ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anaya786
Newly Registered

Post by anaya786 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 am

AOA ppl!1st of all i wud lyk 2 thank da moderators 4 comin out wid such an informative site,HATS OFF 2 ALL OF U!!!trust me u realy dunt knw hw much help ur renderin 2 ppl lyk us whu dunt hav much info...ive been a silent viewer 4 nearly 3 months nw n cme 2 knw bout dis visa thng alot...use 2 get sow happy wen ppl use 2 get dere visas specially ws happy 4 MINTY wn his visa ws grantd.... :) BATLEY KHAN I really appreciate da amounty of help ur renderin 2 ppl 8) ....jst a quick question,wt do u reckon shall i mail da embassy ppl nw 2 ask bout my partner`s visa....its been 9 weeks nw snce he applied...im really worrid n stressd nw..i knw i shudnt bt im gettin impatient day by day nw....so plz tell cn shll i mail dem????plz tell me whr 2 mail dem n how shall i mail dm??i knw dats a silly question but i wntd 2 knw da format :x .....any help wud b much appreciatd....stay blessd all of u!!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:34 am

anaya786 wrote:AOA ppl!1st of all i wud lyk 2 thank da moderators 4 comin out wid such an informative site,HATS OFF 2 ALL OF U!!!trust me u realy dunt knw hw much help ur renderin 2 ppl lyk us whu dunt hav much info...ive been a silent viewer 4 nearly 3 months nw n cme 2 knw bout dis visa thng alot...use 2 get sow happy wen ppl use 2 get dere visas specially ws happy 4 MINTY wn his visa ws grantd.... :) BATLEY KHAN I really appreciate da amounty of help ur renderin 2 ppl 8) ....jst a quick question,wt do u reckon shall i mail da embassy ppl nw 2 ask bout my partner`s visa....its been 9 weeks nw snce he applied...im really worrid n stressd nw..i knw i shudnt bt im gettin impatient day by day nw....so plz tell cn shll i mail dem????plz tell me whr 2 mail dem n how shall i mail dm??i knw dats a silly question but i wntd 2 knw da format :x .....any help wud b much appreciatd....stay blessd all of u!!!!
If you write this in proper English, I might be able to understand what you are saying. I am a bit old for this type of text messaging. Write in proper plain English and then people may respond back to you :wink:

batleykhan

Re: time limit spent abroad on spouse visa

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:46 am

z4ydi wrote:Do you guys know what is the time limit you can spend outside the UK on a spouse visa. I know you can enter the UK within 3 months from the time the visa was issued without having to apply for a Extention before applying for ILR - this gives an indication that the time limit is 3 months > am I right?
If so then as a spouse-visa holder is it true that you can go on holidays abroad provided that you dont exceed the 3 months limit before applying for ILR?Hope I am clear
[
Absences from UK during probationary period

There is no specific requirement in the Rules that the entire probationary period must be spent in the United Kingdom. For example, where an applicant has spent a limited period outside of the United Kingdom in connection with his employment, this should not count against him. However, if he has spent the majority of the period overseas, there may be reason to doubt that all the requirements of the Rules have been met. Each case must be judged on its merits, taking into account reasons for travel, length of absences and whether the applicant and sponsor travelled and lived together during the time spent outside the United Kingdom. These factors will need to be considered against the requirements of the Rules.
Hope this answers your query

anaya786
Newly Registered

Post by anaya786 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:32 am

sorry BATLEY KHAN!!!I do apologize 4 any inconvenience caused...just wanted to ask shall i mail BHC to ask about the progress of my husband`s application....its been 9 weeks now since he applied for a spouse visa....im really stressed n worried these days...i know it takes time but im gettin impatient day by day....so if i do mail then do tell me where 2 mail them,mean to say which address shud i mail them???n what shall i write 2 them....stay blessed n THANKS BATLEY KHAN 4 ur response anyway....

Submit21
Newly Registered

Post by Submit21 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Salaam Alaikum,

I am a bit confused about the English Test that is required for the spouse visa.

Is there a difference between the English Language Assesments (A1 & A2) offered by EMD, and the IELTs Test offered by the British Council? Are they both acceptable?

Secondly, is it enough to study using online resources or is it necessary to purchase an official guide?

I would kindly appreciate any advice on this matter.

Jazak Allah khair.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:38 pm

anaya786 wrote:sorry BATLEY KHAN!!!I do apologize 4 any inconvenience caused...just wanted to ask shall i mail BHC to ask about the progress of my husband`s application....its been 9 weeks now since he applied for a spouse visa....im really stressed n worried these days...i know it takes time but im gettin impatient day by day....so if i do mail then do tell me where 2 mail them,mean to say which address shud i mail them???n what shall i write 2 them....stay blessed n THANKS BATLEY KHAN 4 ur response anyway....
Look you can enquire anytime about an application. They are not going to bite people heads off if they persistently inquire.

However I have a feeling you will recieve a standard reply basically stating that your application is being processed and keep checking progress here

https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==

Just enter the information it requires and it will give you progress on your application.

If you read the last 50-100 posts on this forum, you will find all the information you want. I am sorry but I dont have it on hand otherwise I would give it to you. Just read a few more posts here and I am sure you will familiarise yourself with all teh procedures etc.

Remenber the good old moto " that all good things come to those who do sabr".

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:36 pm

APL7.5 Post decision evidence

The relevant date in entry clearance cases is the date of refusal. This is established from case law and s. 85(5) of NIAA 2002. Any material change in circumstance or evidence not reasonably foreseeable after the date of refusal should not be taken into account. In practice this means when conducting the review the ECM should only look at circumstances leading up to and including the date of refusal. An ECM or Immigration Judge is entitled to look at circumstances/evidence after the date of decision only if they relate to circumstances before or at the time of decision.

There is a distinction to be made between new evidence and additional evidence.

New evidence: New evidence which postdates the decision cannot be considered by the ECM. This evidence should be acknowledged in the Review and the ECM should indicate that this should be used to support a fresh application.

Examples of new evidence
These are common examples and are not an exhaustive list.

* Unexpected increase in funds postdating the decision.
* Sponsor obtains new employment that was not engaged in/expected at the date of decision.
* An offer of accommodation which was not available at date of decision.
* A new sponsor appears in the grounds of appeal. This is not reasonably foreseeable.

Additional evidence: If evidence relating to the initial application is submitted with the appeal this should be taken into account by the ECM. The most common instances of additional evidence will be documents that the appellant omitted to include with the application.

Examples of additional evidence
These are common examples and are not an exhaustive list.

* A bank statement issued after the date of decision that shows a satisfactory balance on or leading up to the date of decision.
* Satisfactory evidence of accommodation submitted by the sponsor relevant to the decision.
* Evidence of employment at the date of decision which was omitted from the original application.
* A birth certificate evidencing the relationship of parties which was not produced at the time of decision.

Shahzad
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi guys havent been on here for a while, but just a quick question really....i got a letter of confirmation of my husbands appeal in jan, and it gave us a date for 2nd june to hear from them, im just wondering if there was any way or anybody i could contact to see what happening at the moment with regards to our appeal date ect? or do we litrally just have to sit and wait untill we hear from them again? many thanks
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:48 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:Hi guys havent been on here for a while, but just a quick question really....i got a letter of confirmation of my husbands appeal in jan, and it gave us a date for 2nd june to hear from them, im just wondering if there was any way or anybody i could contact to see what happening at the moment with regards to our appeal date ect? or do we litrally just have to sit and wait untill we hear from them again? many thanks
Yes all you can do is sit tight now.Its out of your hand and you must wait for the process to take its course :wink:

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:26 am

Dear All,

I wanted if somebody could share their experience of appeal case at Abu Dhabi Embassy. I have seen that people who submitted their applications at Croydon got the response very quickly. My documents were received by them on 24/01/2011 and I have received nothing. Although when I inquired about my case through an email on 15/02/2011 they replied to my email saying that they have received my notice of appeal and they will process the appeal case now and I have to see if they review their decision or it goes to the court.

Your experience in the similar situation would help to understand their time lines. Thank you!

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:34 am

anaya786 wrote:sorry BATLEY KHAN!!!I do apologize 4 any inconvenience caused...just wanted to ask shall i mail BHC to ask about the progress of my husband`s application....its been 9 weeks now since he applied for a spouse visa....im really stressed n worried these days...i know it takes time but im gettin impatient day by day....so if i do mail then do tell me where 2 mail them,mean to say which address shud i mail them???n what shall i write 2 them....stay blessed n THANKS BATLEY KHAN 4 ur response anyway....
Hi you can email them if you like.

Applicant’s name:
Applicant’s date of birth:
Applicant’s passport number:
GRY tracking number:

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing to inquire about my Spouse Visa application. I submitted my documents at Visa application centre (mention the name of the city where you submitted) on (mention the date) but unfortunately I did not receive any acknowledgment.

Could you please provide any information regarding my case. I shall be very thankful for your cooperation and support.

Kind regards,
(You name)
Last edited by Manno1 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:18 am

its been over 3 months since I submit by application but the status still says 'Visa application under process at the British High Commission.12/08/2010. also when I email them they send the same email back saying,

I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork.

Also does anyone know that are these people who are email us back got any thing to do with the visa side or do they just check the status and replay back to us, meaning are they just customer services or they do deal with visa too.

Who can i send an email or phone as its been over three months now.

MojoJojo

A few questions:)

Post by MojoJojo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Assalamualikum All!

I love this forum cause even though I dont know anyone but whenever I read that someone got his/her visa I feel ecstatic for them :D

Ok so the thing is I have my appointment at the VAC next week to submit my docs inshAllah.However, the guy on the phone told me that I have to submit "2 original copies of sponsors bank statements".I find that really strange because as far as I know bank statements have only one original copy.So im a bit confused here :?

Secondly, he asked me to submit the original IELTS test report form and the original TB certificate.Now we all know that neither the British Council nor the IOM provide copies of the above mentioned documents...so Im a bit stressed....do they ever lose the originals? Because I need my IELTS test report for lateron and Im in no mood to sit for it again.

Oh yeah and one new thing I got to know is that if youre paying the Rs 105000 in cash*phew* :shock: you have to give an extra Rs 300 to the VAC ppl(bank charges)...since we arent allowed to take in anything extra,its a good thing I found out...since just getting the TB certificate has been such a mission for someone who doesnt know diddly squat!!

I haven't even applied yet and Im so stressed....Im almost planning to ask my hubby to move to Pakistan :D...haha

Waiting for replies!

Good luck to you all! :) [/u]

tasawar
- thin ice -

Re: A few questions:)

Post by tasawar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:36 pm

MojoJojo wrote:Assalamualikum All!

I love this forum cause even though I dont know anyone but whenever I read that someone got his/her visa I feel ecstatic for them :D

Ok so the thing is I have my appointment at the VAC next week to submit my docs inshAllah.However, the guy on the phone told me that I have to submit "2 original copies of sponsors bank statements".I find that really strange because as far as I know bank statements have only one original copy.So im a bit confused here :?

Secondly, he asked me to submit the original IELTS test report form and the original TB certificate.Now we all know that neither the British Council nor the IOM provide copies of the above mentioned documents...so Im a bit stressed....do they ever lose the originals? Because I need my IELTS test report for lateron and Im in no mood to sit for it again.

Oh yeah and one new thing I got to know is that if youre paying the Rs 105000 in cash*phew* :shock: you have to give an extra Rs 300 to the VAC ppl(bank charges)...since we arent allowed to take in anything extra,its a good thing I found out...since just getting the TB certificate has been such a mission for someone who doesnt know diddly squat!!

I haven't even applied yet and Im so stressed....Im almost planning to ask my hubby to move to Pakistan :D...haha

Waiting for replies!

AOA786

HA ha ah dear everybody on this forum had face hard things in visa process so be strong inshallah you will get it ok .

Jazak Allah khair

sacha001
Newly Registered

Post by sacha001 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm

[quote="Yas2010"]
Same problem here. My husband applied on 26 nov 2010 in mirpur. Under process on 9th dec 2010. Since then the status didnt change. Its precisely 3months now. Plz tell me what to do. What cud be the reason?

Where did u apply Yas2010?

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:00 am

I applyed at ISL
sacha001 wrote:
Yas2010 wrote: Same problem here. My husband applied on 26 nov 2010 in mirpur. Under process on 9th dec 2010. Since then the status didnt change. Its precisely 3months now. Plz tell me what to do. What cud be the reason?

Where did u apply Yas2010?

anaya786
Newly Registered

Post by anaya786 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:39 pm

thnx MANNO 1!!!really appreciate ur kind reply n the info which u hav provided....n yas2010 n sacha im shockd to hear dat its takin that long....thats 2 muchhh,dunt u think????my husband applied on 21st of dec in mirpur n i was thinkin that ill b hearin ina week or 2,but if u havnt heard anything lately den i should expect mine 2 b late aswell snce u both yas2010 n sacha applied a mnth b4 my husband did :( :cry:

anaya786
Newly Registered

Post by anaya786 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:48 pm

tasawar wrote:

Waiting for replies!

heyyyy ull hav 2 b vry patient.....dunt ask its sow stressful.....evn more den i thought snce my hubby g applied 9 weeks ago..i tought it wont tak dat long but it actually is takin tym...anyways fingers crossd....sorry i wont b able 2 giv u advice regardin ur questions,snce i hav little info bout dis visa stuff bt im sure senior members lyk BATLEY KHAN n MANNO1 will b able 2 render valuable info....i cn only giv u moral support :) wich v all need desperatley....rest evrythng will b oryt INSHALLAH....sub ALLAH PEY CHOR DAIN!!!!

rani111
Newly Registered

re copies of documents

Post by rani111 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:38 pm

We were told by lawyer to have original and 2 photocopies. However, when we went to the vac they said the rules had changed and we submitted one copy only of the original documents. Not 2 copies of bank statements or anything as u rightly say that although u can get them from bank they do charge u. You do not need 2 copies of original. Our visa was granted in 10 weeks and this was over the xmas period.

rani111
Newly Registered

Post by rani111 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:43 pm

yes u will need to submit the original of the TB certificate. You need to submit original of everything if it is something that has been asked for as a definite.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:30 am

dilseabbassi wrote:Hi guys havent been on here for a while, but just a quick question really....i got a letter of confirmation of my husbands appeal in jan, and it gave us a date for 2nd june to hear from them, im just wondering if there was any way or anybody i could contact to see what happening at the moment with regards to our appeal date ect? or do we litrally just have to sit and wait untill we hear from them again? many thanks
Do you think to make a fresh application as well.

I did this and in my lastest refusal,eco have to change refusal reasons for to 2 only.Now I am in a position to win easily. :lol:

Shahzad
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:36 am

shahzad80 wrote:

I did this and in my lastest refusal,eco have to change refusal reasons for to 2 only.Now I am in a position to win easily. :lol:

Shahzad
Why make a fresh application.Its not as if she is loaded with money. She has already paid 110000 PKR. Why pay it twice only to be refused agai?. Doesnt make sense to me :roll:

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:12 pm

batleykhan wrote:
shahzad80 wrote:

Shahzad
Why make a fresh application.Its not as if she is loaded with money. She has already paid 110000 PKR. Why pay it twice only to be refused agai?. Doesnt make sense to me :roll:
paid 110000 pkr for what?

Thats way I said going for paper appeal free and to avoid a long wait fresh application is a good option if you can satisfy refusal reasons.

In my case,my first refusal was a very complex and difficult to win in appeal as well so now I have refusal with simple reasons easily to win.
I dont think I need solicitor for that.

Shahzad

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:00 pm

anaya786 wrote:
tasawar wrote:

Waiting for replies!

heyyyy ull hav 2 b vry patient.....dunt ask its sow stressful.....evn more den i thought snce my hubby g applied 9 weeks ago..i tought it wont tak dat long but it actually is takin tym...anyways fingers crossd....sorry i wont b able 2 giv u advice regardin ur questions,snce i hav little info bout dis visa stuff bt im sure senior members lyk BATLEY KHAN n MANNO1 will b able 2 render valuable info....i cn only giv u moral support :) wich v all need desperatley....rest evrythng will b oryt INSHALLAH....sub ALLAH PEY CHOR DAIN!!!!

InshAllah you will hear good news soon!:)
Make lots of dua!...thanks a bunch for your moral support sis...they say 12 weeks max so I guess one should stay put for 12 weeks and start worrying majorly when the 13th starts:D

MojoJojo

Re: re copies of documents

Post by MojoJojo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:01 pm

rani111 wrote:We were told by lawyer to have original and 2 photocopies. However, when we went to the vac they said the rules had changed and we submitted one copy only of the original documents. Not 2 copies of bank statements or anything as u rightly say that although u can get them from bank they do charge u. You do not need 2 copies of original. Our visa was granted in 10 weeks and this was over the xmas period.