ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer checking

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

The Boss

Employer checking

Post by The Boss » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi All,

I have following doubt, would someone assist me or please share your experience, if you have came across similar situation...

I have submitted the PR application today using the same day service....unfortunately they was not able to make a decision in my case and told further checking is required...so decision delayed

(In my application, I have long absence(155 days) to India for employment purpose and during that time I have switched employment, due which I have overlap of workpermit. I have got a letter from employer, for the long absence)

PEO Croydon has accepted my case, but they want to check whether I have resigned in UK and went back to India to find new job....if that be the case, they think I have broken the continuous period of stay in UK.

In general, I want to know what sort of checking does Home Office do on the PR application?

Do they check employer(past/present) to confirm their employment details?

Thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Employer checking

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:14 pm

The Boss wrote:Do they check employer(past/present) to confirm their employment details?
Yes, if they doubt your claims regarding your employment and / or absences from UK due to work related assignments or paid / annual leave(s).

regards

The Boss

Post by The Boss » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 pm

One of my previous company is closed due to financial loss...I really dont how they would be able to check my employment for that concern and I dont know Home Office would handle that..... Does anybody come across similar suitation, if so how Home Office treated your case? Please share..

Do they turn down my application in that case, as they were not able to check and confirm my employment???

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:21 am

The Boss wrote:One of my previous company is closed due to financial loss...I really dont how they would be able to check my employment for that concern and I dont know Home Office would handle that..... Does anybody come across similar suitation, if so how Home Office treated your case? Please share..

Do they turn down my application in that case, as they were not able to check and confirm my employment???
yes unfortunately it can go either way if they are unable to confirm your employment. do you have a copy of your resignation letter / payslips and P45, in case it goes to any appeal.

The Boss

Post by The Boss » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:04 pm

I have got resignation letter and few payslip...is that helps...If Home Office says, they want do some additional checks?

What is that additional check, does anyone know?

The Boss

Post by The Boss » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Still I haven't received any response from HO(going to be 10 days).......Does anyone know how many days HO take for verifications? Since my application is same day one, is there any priority in their process....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:33 pm

The Boss wrote:Still I haven't received any response from HO(going to be 10 days).......Does anyone know how many days HO take for verifications? Since my application is same day one, is there any priority in their process....
In-person application is not necessarily a guarantee of "same day service", though it is perceived so by many.

If a decision has been deferred, your application is as good as a postal one and may follow the same timelines as a postal application.

No one, other than the caseworker, can tell you when the verfication(s) relating to your application will be completed.

regards

The Boss

Post by The Boss » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:45 pm

I have got a letter from peo that my case is referred... So I think it's not deferred.....are am I wrong?