ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) queries - switching from Tier 2 (ICT)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

subbala
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) queries - switching from Tier 2 (ICT)

Post by subbala » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:10 am

Hi,

I'm currently in UK on T2(ICT) and planning to switch to T1(General) asap.
While filling the T1(general) visa application form (for switching category), there'a one section that says BRP details need to filled-in.
Here's that excerpt from the form -

----------------
C10. Please give details of the applicant’s Biometric Residence Permit. Please note for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current Biometric Residence Permit must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form.
------------------

I'm not sure what this means, obviously as I don't have this BRP thing...
should i get it before sending the T1(Gen) visa application Or is it okay to send the form without filling this section (but the form says it has to be provided ??!)

could somebody clarify this asap ? Appreciate a quick response !

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:47 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Tier 1 (General) application form -> page 75 wrote:C10-C13 If the applicant’s current grant of leave was issued on a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) he/she must also provide the Biometric Residence Permit in order for the application to be valid, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form.
See also Do I need a biometric residence permit? for detailed information regarding biometric residence permit and enrolment procedure.

regards

kgm313
Newly Registered

Post by kgm313 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Before C10 .Please check question C9.

C9. Has the applicant been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?

Yes-> question C10
No-> go to Part D

In your case its 'No'

subbala
Newly Registered

T1(General) sequence of events....

Post by subbala » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi,

thanks for the clarification reg BRP.

I've some follow-on doubts...could somebody answer these ?

I'm a bit confused about the sequence of steps/events that would happen, from the date of application.

For eg. when should i give BRP (is it as soon as after I send the application or after hearing something from UKBA?) , whether the passport will be sent back with the visa stamped (assuming the appln was successful) Or they will give only approval letter and then the individual should go for stamping, etc, etc.

Thanks much.

rajput
Newly Registered

Post by rajput » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:36 pm

UKBA sends invitation letter asking to enroll Biometrics after they have deducted payment. Once biometrics are enrolled and application worked on by case worker, you would receive passport (without vignette) and decision letter. If its approval, then expect to receive BRP after it.

subbala
Newly Registered

Post by subbala » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

As I'm currently in UK on T2(ICT) with my dependents (T2 dependents), once when my T1G approval letter is sent or when BRP is received, what happens to my current T2(ICT) visa and the dependents visa status ?

I'm a bit confused/worried about what happens to my current visa status
and at what point in time of T1G processing.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:58 am

subbala wrote:As I'm currently in UK on T2(ICT) with my dependents (T2 dependents), once when my T1G approval letter is sent or when BRP is received, what happens to my current T2(ICT) visa and the dependents visa status ?
If approved, your Tier 2 (ICT) leave becomes invalid. If refused, any remaining period of Tier 2 (ICT) will remain valid.
If your application is approved, the dependants must apply for leave to remain as dependant(s) of Tier 1 (General) migrant, since your Tier 2 leave is no longer valid.

Entry clearance - application for leave to enter (from out side the UK).
Switching - application for leave to remain (from within the UK) in an immigration category different from the current.

regards

subbala
Newly Registered

Post by subbala » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:39 pm

[quote="sushdmehta
]If approved, your Tier 2 (ICT) leave becomes invalid. If refused, any remaining period of Tier 2 (ICT) will remain valid.
If your application is approved, the dependants must apply for leave to remain as dependant(s) of Tier 1 (General) migrant, since your Tier 2 leave is no longer valid.

[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, sushdmehta.
So you mean I should actually be applying for my dependents also
(ie. T1 dependents visa) at the same time as I make my T1(G) main application ?
Is my understanding correct ?

Also is there a chance of my main application getting approved, but my dependents T1 is rejected ? I mean is there a chance of my dependents left with no valid leave to remain ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Until when is your (and your dependants) current Tier 2 leave valid?

regards

subbala
Newly Registered

Post by subbala » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:38 pm

[quote="sushdmehta"]Until when is your (and your dependants) current Tier 2 leave valid?

[/quote]

Hi sushdmehta,

My T2 (ICT) is valid till mid-Nov'11 and same for my dependents also.

can you let me know if it makes any difference ?

thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:07 am

In such case (ample time before leave expires), you may apply for self first, and after you are issued leave, your dependants may then apply.

But do remember that it costs you less if dependants apply at the same time as the main migrant.

regards

subbala
Newly Registered

Post by subbala » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:23 pm

[quote]In such case (ample time before leave expires), you may apply for self first, and after you are issued leave, your dependants may then apply.

But do remember that it costs you less if dependants apply at the same time as the main migrant.

regards[/quote]

Thanks sushdmehta. I do understand that there's a cost difference
between applying at the same time and lseparately.

However, what I'm more concerned is, if I alone apply for T1G and get approved (ie. in that process, my current T2(ICT) becomes invalid) , wouldn't it cause problem for my T2 dependents, if I don't apply for my dependents also at the same time !??

can you pls clarify this point ?

Also another slightly diff question is...

Reg maintenance fund (for in-country application), the guidance doc mentions this -

[i]210. Where an applicant is providing evidence of maintenance from a single account, we will always assess the funds available to an applicant from the closing balance given on the document provided.[/i]

When the requirement is to show that a min of 800 pounds has been maintained 90 consecutive days, what does "closing balance" mean above ? Shouldn't it be the min balance during the 90 consec days ?

I'm a bit confused about the closing balance part... can somebody clarify this ??

Thanks much.