ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice needed urgent in regards to PSW visa from the US

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oasisunit
Newly Registered

advice needed urgent in regards to PSW visa from the US

Post by oasisunit » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:34 am

I finished my Masters in London last September, and my plan was to return to the US for a few months and then apply for PSW visa but now, as I was about to send my application I saw the news that they stopped accepting out of country applications which really shocked me .

Are there any suggestions anyone can give me for me to return to the UK? Could it be possible for me to go there under a 6 month tourist visa, and apply for it then- as i understand they only will not accept OUT of country applications? Any suggestions anybody? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:49 am

They have not stopped accepting psw applications from outside the UK. Where did you read this? They have stopped tier 1 general but not tier 1 post study work.

oasisunit
Newly Registered

Post by oasisunit » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Greenie wrote:They have not stopped accepting psw applications from outside the UK. Where did you read this? They have stopped tier 1 general but not tier 1 post study work.
Oh, wow i just realized that, i had assumed it was for ALL tier out of country tier 1 visa's that they cancelled!!

Another question, before i came back to the US i applied for a visa extention because i took extra time to finish my dissertation. I got rejected for that application was was told i have to leave the country (they didn't give me limit as to how many days i can still stay in the UK, they just said i have to leave asap) i got rejected cause of not enough funds and by the time the visa application was sent i was an overstayer (was not over 28 days though)

Will this effect the decision of my PSW visa? They did not write anywhere that this will influence future visa applications as i followed their rules and left the country as they told me.

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:49 am

Do not worry about it. I had the same experience as you before. My PSW 1 was rejected last year becuase I did not have the maintenance founds. So. I left the UK seven days after I received the refusal.

Last week I made a fresh application for PSW1 in the British Embassy. It was very easy. I got my visa two days after the appointment. Last Monday I pick up my passport and got my PSW1 for 2 years. I would advise you to apply asap, becuase I heard that they are planning to remove PSW1 from 1 April.

Good luck :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:16 am

1. When did your visa expire?

2. When did you make your application?

3. What date did you leave the UK?