ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

claiming tax credits and supose insurance number

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syeda29
Newly Registered

its hard

Post by syeda29 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:27 am

alina143 wrote:ok thats good
dont know why tax credit wont accept clarification from homeoffice that his go no ID BUT exist in the eyes of law as my husband after HO giving him permission to marry,

alina143

Post by alina143 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:29 am

ur partners got home office papers that should be enough to prove who he is. Did your partner come to uk on any visa?

alina143

Post by alina143 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:34 am

syeda im exactly in the same position with tax credits they sended my partner for a nino interview the women that did the interview said that he wont be issued with a nino number but was satisfied with the documents that we provided it was a letter from home office saying that my partner has to sign on at the police station every month and it also had his picture on the paper. Has ur partner got any paper like this?

syeda29
Newly Registered

Post by syeda29 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:48 am

alina143 wrote:syeda im exactly in the same position with tax credits they sended my partner for a nino interview the women that did the interview said that he wont be issued with a nino number but was satisfied with the documents that we provided it was a letter from home office saying that my partner has to sign on at the police station every month and it also had his picture on the paper. Has ur partner got any paper like this?
NO his got no ID but we was granted marriage approval based on him being father of 3 of my children,which had his photo and mine on the certificate of approval,he took all that in NI interview,but they said his failed to identify himself with these paperworks and home office letters,ive recently put in FLRM,that was sent back from HO becuse stupid solicitor forgot to make my husband sign document,so we did that today,and thery sending it back to HO,so far this letters and certificates not being accepted,thing is CTAX have checked my hubbys detail with HO and they are aware his got no ID,but still they wont accept these paper works,what do u think they will accept when his got no ID??ANY ADVICE would be apreciated

alina143

Post by alina143 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:08 am

syeda when your partner gets his stay then he can apply for his passport and they wil surely accept that plus i think then he will also be entitled to benefits without any problem. If tax credit didnt accept ur hubbys papers from HO Then i dont think they will accept my hubbys also he doesnt have a passport or any other id only the letter from HO where he has to go and sign

alina143

Post by alina143 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:12 am

im not really sure what they will accept is there any chance ur hubby can make his passport if he can then u can send that to tax. How did he come to uk?

syeda29
Newly Registered

Post by syeda29 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:33 am

[childtax dhead office made it clear to MPs office worker whos dealing with my case,once the identity is confirmed payments will be processed without NINO ,MAKE SURE you get a letter in the post to say no NINO will be issued,but his succeded in identyfying himself,then childtax will accept that,but im being honest with you dont wait for childtax to process payment or keep you waiting for outcome,go direct to your MP caseworker in your area tell them your case and let them take over your case,they work with parliment and have direct communication with ctax head office,just 2 days ago they made it clear to my mp case worker they can process payments with no NINO but identity has to be proved,so GDLUK WITH YOURS i know for a fact ive got long way to go with mine

alina143

Post by alina143 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:47 am

hey im sure yours will be sorted to dont worry x

syeda29
Newly Registered

Post by syeda29 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:50 am

alina143 wrote:im not really sure what they will accept is there any chance ur hubby can make his passport if he can then u can send that to tax. How did he come to uk?
my husband came to uk at the age of 14 his parents sent him with next man to uk he came as this mans child added to gentlemens passport years back thats how it was parent can have childs name added to their passport,this man brings him then few days later dumps him in my hometown,the asian community instead of reporting this under age child dumped on the street,1 family takes him in to there home,and kept him isolated with no ID school,gp social service away from public eye,and once he turned 17 he started working for himself side jobs,to survive,and this is how he carried on living till he met me 7 years ago,i fell in love with him and had 3 kids with him,he would have applied under 14 years rule but his got no ID to prove his existence year by year with no PUBLIC RECORDS,the whole asian community in our town knows his been here over 16 years,but EVIDENCE is accepted only,his got some photos of him in uk here and there with mates,but he can ccount for 14 years in a row,this is why i applied for MARRIAGE,,if only the community reported him 16 years back social services would have put him into education etcc...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:02 am

syeda29, you have already taken this matter up with your MP, and that was exactly the right thing to do. To me it makes no sense for the HO papers to be rejected at the interview relating to, well, the non-issue of a NI number.

But syeda29, you tell us "HIS GOT NO RIGHTS TO RESIDE", but how did he get into the UK? Did he have a valid visa then overstayed? Or arrive in the UK in the proverbial back of a lorry?
John

alina143

Post by alina143 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:58 am

syeda29 wrote: my husband came to uk at the age of 14 his parents sent him with next man to uk he came as this mans child added to gentlemens passport years back thats how it was parent can have childs name added to their passport,this man brings him then few days later dumps him in my hometown,

alina143

Post by alina143 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:05 am

what country is he from syeda? Pakistan? He can go to pak embassy in uk and make his passport with the HO papers. Syeda i dont understand one thing when u went for NIno interview they shouldnt have rejected the HO papers as id that in one way proves his id also. Really this is really confusing. When me and my partner went for the NINO interview we were told there no NINO will be issued but enough evidence was provided to prove who he was we took a bill, the HO FORMS THAT HE WAS GIVEN WITH HIS PHOTO ON IT. I really dont understand. How can they say ur partners id wasnt confirmed

syeda29
Newly Registered

Post by syeda29 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:36 pm

John wrote:syeda29, you have already taken this matter up with your MP, and that was exactly the right thing to do. To me it makes no sense for the HO papers to be rejected at the interview relating to, well, the non-issue of a NI number.

But syeda29, you tell us "HIS GOT NO RIGHTS TO RESIDE", but how did he get into the UK? Did he have a valid visa then overstayed? Or arrive in the UK in the proverbial back of a lorry?
he came in uk with an adult gentlemen at the age of 14 who his family handed over to,he remembers clearly he came as the man son,a child name was added to gentlemens passport,so since 1994 his been in uk illegally,with no1 questing abt his identity,this man deserted him a week after his arrival in uk and his been living in our community hometown since 1995,as one of the community member,john isnt the cretificate of marriage approval with both our photos on and his detail enough for ctax to accept,and marriage certificate,and homeoffice letters stating theyve recieved his application for FLRM and its being handled by case worker//
Last edited by syeda29 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

syeda29
Newly Registered

Post by syeda29 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:47 pm

alina143 wrote:what country is he from syeda? Pakistan? He can go to pak embassy in uk and make his passport with the HO papers. Syeda i dont understand one thing when u went for NIno interview they shouldnt have rejected the HO papers as id that in one way proves his id also. Really this is really confusing. When me and my partner went for the NINO interview we were told there no NINO will be issued but enough evidence was provided to prove who he was we took a bill, the HO FORMS THAT HE WAS GIVEN WITH HIS PHOTO ON IT. I really dont understand. How can they say ur partners id wasnt confirmed
thats exactley what i mean his revealed his REAL ID to the home office his made an illegal entrants 16 years back but never was put into no education or anyhthing,he learnt to survive on his own,no1 questioned him abt his identity last 16 years,now wev got HO marriage approval with his phot ID on and his detail i even took a utility bill i recentley added his name on to,but they say his ID Isnt confirmed on top of that they told me how do we know his really who his saying he is,far as wer concerned he could be a millionaire,I REPLIED if he was a millionaire he wouldnt be surrendering to HO and there would be no reason for him to live in uk he can live in luxery in BANGLADESH,...how sad they can be

alina143

Post by alina143 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:49 pm

oh my god thats appalling

syeda29
Newly Registered

no news yet

Post by syeda29 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:08 pm

alina143 wrote:oh my god thats appalling
still no luck child tax arranging 2nd interview to verify husbands identity,

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:34 am

syeda29, have you made contact with your MP? If not I suggest you do that.
John

syeda29
Newly Registered

Post by syeda29 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 pm

John wrote:syeda29, have you made contact with your MP? If not I suggest you do that.
john i contacted them according to them home office document should be sucficent to identify him but tax credit are sending him for another interview god knows how long that will take and this interview is to identify who he is,according to tax credit he needs proper id john 1 he dont have any form of photo id,he just has a utility bill and marriage certificate and his names on kids birth certificate,i just applied for a medical card but doubt he will be accepted due to being non resident,ive got 2 photo attached and verified by his solicitor to state his identity and one from local community,dwp saying they can accept solicitors letter for identity purpose but childtax refusing to accept it,im lost but cant give up the battle for my kids thanx for asking me

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:20 pm

It seems to me that the MP needs to take this up with the Tax Credits office, and try to stop the Tax Credits office acting in that stupid way.
John

alina143

Post by alina143 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:13 pm

hi just to update still nothing from tax credits they still processing my calim and it has been referred to the head office now but still no news as to when it will be processed still waiting :(

alina143

claiming benefits

Post by alina143 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:41 am

syeda was right the tax office need to confirm id of partner before processing claim i got a letter asking for more info about my partners id

rkabishi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

We are nearly there

Post by rkabishi » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:04 pm

John:MP phoned today and told my partner that the tax credit office has paid some amount in her account(tax credit payment).we do not know wich one was paid (child tax or working tax credit).Will let you know of the outcome b4 end of the week.
I also wanted to ask about what might happen cos we made the appeal 45 days after the date of refusal of the application.will they backdate our payment?(The application itself was made a within the 3 month of the child birth)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:36 pm

I also wanted to ask about what might happen cos we made the appeal 45 days after the date of refusal of the application.will they backdate our payment?(The application itself was made a within the 3 month of the child birth)
You always have up to 30 days to submit an appeal against a letter of rejection of a Tax Credits claim. But the Tax Credits office have the ability to accept a late appeal, as long as it is made before one year is up. If they are not minded to accept the late appeal, well that question can be tested before the Tribunal.

But if they accept the late appeal, it is as if the appeal had been made in time. And from what you have posted, it sounds like they have indeed accepted the late appeal, in which case the claim should be back-dated, as relevant, to up to three months before the date of claim.
...... the tax credit office has paid some amount in her account(tax credit payment).we do not know wich one was paid (child tax or working tax credit).
It could of course be both WTC and CTC. Ordinarily both are paid together, as relevant.
John

rkabishi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rkabishi » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks John for your advice,i will let you guys know what will happen.And for all those in the same situation (couple with one Subjet to immigration control) keep pushing the HMRC and your MP,most important attend all NINO interviews when requiered.

Faithful
Newly Registered

Post by Faithful » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:20 am

OMG!! These posts are not encouraging at all. I'm just about to be in the same situation as above ie want to start a joint claim but Hubby has no id but has a NIno. His passport is with HO from previous refused application to stay in uk.We are also just sending off FLRM form. I am absolutely dreading what might be coming up.... Sighhh!!!!!