ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of cohabiliation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeeshanpervez
Newly Registered

Proof of cohabiliation

Post by zeeshanpervez » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Dear all,

I am applying for my ILR with my wife. In her 24 months in UK, we lived 8 months in a rented shared property and then moved in our own property for last 14 months. I have got her name on BT bill, council tax and bank statement for last 14 months but for first 8 months, I only have her bank statements. IF i show my bank statement and her statements having the same address, will this be sufficient evidence for cohabiliation?

Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:48 pm

It may not be. Don't you have letters, doctor's surgery registration..anything at all showing the joint address for these first 8 months?
Unless you can come up with anything more, don't think of applying in person. Submit the application by post, explaining the lack of documents.

zeeshanpervez
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanpervez » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:56 pm

My wife passed her theory test in first 8 months so have letter from DVLA in those 8 months, we got our tier 1 extension in those 8 months so have 2 home office letters (one for her and one for me) confirming that our leave has been extended. She also got her NI in those 8 months so we have a letter from Job Centre plus confirming her NI number on the old address. Will these 3 be sufficent along with her bank statements?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:08 pm

That looks a lot better! Do you have anything in your name for these 8 months/

zeeshanpervez
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanpervez » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:21 pm

I have got a lot of docs in my name with address during those 8 months:

1. Sky telephone and broadband bills
2. Credit card statements
3. orange mobile bills
4. DVLA letter for tax disc
5. Car insurance certificate

Will these documents along with above mentioned my wife's docs be sufficient?

I really appreciate your help in this regard.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:49 pm

If you include the additional documents you've described in your wife's name then you should certainly be fine.
Case workers only become concerned if they see large gaps in the 2 years with no evidence that you've both been living at the same address...which you appear to have covered now.

zeeshanpervez
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanpervez » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Many thanks Casa. I hope it will be fine.