ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Camellia

Passport application

Post by Camellia » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:29 pm

I am filling in the passport application form and I have a couple of questions, that I hope someone more experience can help me with:
- in section 3 it states that I must send all uncancelled passports, I have one at the moment so that is fine, but in the guide it states that they require the passport which I entered the UK with, I have it as well but it is an expired one - should I send both passports?
-section 4 - they need grandparents details, I will not be able to provide these, is that a problem?

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Yes I see this in page 15. You need to send your old passport with which you entered the UK and the naturalisation certificate.

In section 4 they ask only the mother's & father's name and details including the marriage date. No where I see they ask for grandparents details.

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:58 pm

nax_72 wrote:In section 4 they ask only the mother's & father's name and details including the marriage date. No where I see they ask for grandparents details.
In section 4 at the bottom it says: "If both parents named above were born after 31 December 1982 OR were born abroad we will also need the full name, town, country, date of birth and date of marriage of your grandparents".

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Camellia wrote:
nax_72 wrote:In section 4 they ask only the mother's & father's name and details including the marriage date. No where I see they ask for grandparents details.
In section 4 at the bottom it says: "If both parents named above were born after 31 December 1982 OR were born abroad we will also need the full name, town, country, date of birth and date of marriage of your grandparents".
I noticed that. Let us wait for answers from other members.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:36 pm

This is intended for those applying for BC through hereditary rights. If you don't know, simply write 'not known'.
Include your expired passport.

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Many thanks to both of you.