ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - work permit holder

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iriny_k

ILR - work permit holder

Post by Iriny_k » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi all,
I have a couple of questions re the application as a work perit holder.

1. Is it necessary to provide P60 for 5 years - I don't see this requirement in the application form, but see that people are submitting it....

2. Document(s) confirming that you have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK as a work permit holder - is it just my passport with visa stamps??

Thanks!

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:15 pm

1- as you have said urself, it is not mandatory but often it is asked for. if you dont have P60s get your 5 year's tax history by calling HMRC and they will send a letter.

2- yes mainly passport [and other documents (such as P60)]

Natita

Post by Natita » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:25 am

Document for No. 2. should include employer letter(s) confirming your employment with them during the qualifying period.

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:02 am

xyz123 wrote:1- as you have said urself, it is not mandatory but often it is asked for. if you dont have P60s get your 5 year's tax history by calling HMRC and they will send a letter.]
thanks, but I am not sure I follow. often asked by whom? If the document is not in the list of the required, why should I attach it - or HMRC letter and what am I proving by attaching it? If I woudn't read this forum but just the Home Office requirement I wouldn't even think of P60.
thanks!

bani

Post by bani » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:20 am

Iriny_k wrote:
xyz123 wrote:1- as you have said urself, it is not mandatory but often it is asked for. if you dont have P60s get your 5 year's tax history by calling HMRC and they will send a letter.]
thanks, but I am not sure I follow. often asked by whom? If the document is not in the list of the required, why should I attach it - or HMRC letter and what am I proving by attaching it? If I woudn't read this forum but just the Home Office requirement I wouldn't even think of P60.
thanks!
Not sure how often exactly, but P-60s have been asked by caseworkers when people apply for ILR in person at PEO.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:13 am

Iriny_k wrote:
thanks!
but now you know that it is asked for by case workers and so you should provide. why so much fuss about providing something to support your own appliation. its your application, do what you want with it.

you can easily not provide P60 and it may take longer for them to verify your employment history. or if you are asked for P60s then you can argue with case worker that it is not listed.

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:26 pm

I concur with XYZ. Please read section 9 of application form it says-

Please note- We may ask you to provide other documents which are not listed in application form ( P-60 is one of them)

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:44 pm

I don't see P60s as additional documents. You are asked to provide document(s) confirming that you have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK [...] as a work permit holder throughout that period.
Your passport doesn't prove this. For instance, if you come with a 5 year WP and you lose your job, your WP will be cancelled but your passport doesn't show that. In my view, the document that satisfies the requirement above is either a letter from your employer mentioning that you've worked for 5 years, your 5 years P60s or your 5 years payslips.

====

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Pierrot95 wrote:I don't see P60s as additional documents. You are asked to provide document(s) confirming that you have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK [...] as a work permit holder throughout that period.
Your passport doesn't prove this. For instance, if you come with a 5 year WP and you lose your job, your WP will be cancelled but your passport doesn't show that. In my view, the document that satisfies the requirement above is either a letter from your employer mentioning that you've worked for 5 years, your 5 years P60s or your 5 years payslips.

====
thanks, it make sense about the passport. a letter from my employer should work, or P60 as you mentioned. I guess it's not a requirement but the easiest way to prove the 5 year working history.

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:54 pm

xyz123 wrote:
Iriny_k wrote:
thanks!
but now you know that it is asked for by case workers and so you should provide. why so much fuss about providing something to support your own appliation. its your application, do what you want with it.

you can easily not provide P60 and it may take longer for them to verify your employment history. or if you are asked for P60s then you can argue with case worker that it is not listed.
I don't know if P60 is asked by a caseworker, as it's not in the list of the documents required.

As for "so much fuss", you could chose not to answer as this comment didn't add any value. I am asking people about their experience and WHY they've decided to provide this particular document even though it's not a formal requirement. I understand the employment history issue, and thanks everyone who took time to explain.

zebraboy
Newly Registered

Post by zebraboy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:59 pm

I have one year's P60 missing. But I have all my pay slips in that year.
Is it ok to provide 4 P60 + 12 months pay slips for that year?

Do I still need a letter from my employer at that time?

Thanks.

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:11 pm

zebraboy wrote:I have one year's P60 missing. But I have all my pay slips in that year.
Yes.

zebraboy wrote:Do I still need a letter from my employer at that time?
With the above documents, you don't need a letter to prove your employment history, but you need one to prove that you are still needed for the employment.

====

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:40 pm

zebraboy wrote:I have one year's P60 missing. But I have all my pay slips in that year.

Do I still need a letter from my employer at that time?

Thanks.
I just talked to my colleague who booked an appointment to apply. she is going to get a letter from the company for this tax year instead of P60. she also said they ask for a utility bill sometimes. weird, but looks like it would be useful to take it.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Iriny_k wrote:
I don't know if P60 is asked by a caseworker, as it's not in the list of the documents required.

As for "so much fuss", you could chose not to answer as this comment didn't add any value.
this is a public forum. so everyone can express their opinions as long as these are not abusive.

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 am

xyz123 wrote:
Iriny_k wrote:
As for "so much fuss", you could chose not to answer as this comment didn't add any value.
this is a public forum. so everyone can express their opinions as long as these are not abusive.
I didn't say you cannot. I said it's irrelevant and somewhat impolite - in my opinion.