ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stay and Work in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sheetaxml
Newly Registered

Stay and Work in UK

Post by sheetaxml » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:48 am

Hi all

I was an Indian national, recently naturalized as British Citizen. Could any one let me know the best way to bring my parents to UK.(not ILR, or Visa)

Would it be possible to my parents to stay and work in UK?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Stay and Work in UK

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:39 am

sheetaxml wrote:Hi all

I was an Indian national, recently naturalized as British Citizen. Could any one let me know the best way to bring my parents to UK.(not ILR, or Visa)

Would it be possible to my parents to stay and work in UK?

Thanks
Not unless they were solely dependent or there were extramely compassionate circumstances, even then they would be dependents, ie you'd have to support them, no work...

Steve

sheetaxml
Newly Registered

Family Pemit

Post by sheetaxml » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:58 am

Thanks for the reply

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applyi ... unationals

The above link tells that non EEA family members(parents etc) can join UK national on permanent basis. Does this work in this way.

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Family Pemit

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:15 am

sheetaxml wrote:Thanks for the reply

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applyi ... unationals

The above link tells that non EEA family members(parents etc) can join UK national on permanent basis. Does this work in this way.

Thanks
It says 'dependent relatives' so they would have to be totally dependent on you, have no-one back home etc...

Plus I think I'm right in saying the EEA permit only applies to EU citizens excercing their treaty rights, ie having be born in, or lived and worked in another EU State.

Others will know morethan me here...

Steve

sheetaxml
Newly Registered

Family Pemit

Post by sheetaxml » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:05 pm

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/UKVis ... tion=India

This links say about family permits, though I do not understand completely about dependants(parents)

Any commets will be appreciated.

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:49 pm

sheetaxml, you in the UK because you are British! You are not here exercising EU/EEA treaty rights. Accordingly the EEA legislation you mention is irrelevant to you living in the UK.

Now if you were thinking of moving to another EEA state .... Ireland, Iceland .... you take your pick .... and moving to that EEA state to exercise your treaty rights ... such as to work .... then indeed the EEA legislation you mention might be in play, but you would be applying to the embassy of the appropriate country .... Ireland, Iceland or wherever. But note that the extended family members you mention need to be dependent upon you to get within the terms of the EEA legislation.

Finally, just to complete the picture, once you are your extended family have all been exercising your treaty rights in another EEA country for six months or more, then you could indeed apply for an UK-issued EEA Family Permits for your family members, under the terms of a court case known as Surinder Singh.

But I have a suspicion, you don't actually want to move to another EEA country, do you?
John