ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is it worth go in appeal against overstay ban?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

perll786
Newly Registered

is it worth go in appeal against overstay ban?

Post by perll786 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:36 pm

i applied for student visa in uk in oct 2009. my app. refused in april 2010 coz my financial support documents were outdate. afterwards i planned to get married to my girl friend.she is british citizen. i applied for COA(certificate of approval) for marriage in june 2010. my application was still under process until i decided to go to my home country. now i came back to my country to apply marriage visa from here but they imposed 1 year ban for overstaying. can somebody tell me
1- if there is any flexibility in ban if u r married/want to marry to a british citizen.
2- if i appeal against the ban it ll b worth

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:39 am

When you say "marriage visa", what exactly do you mean?
1. marriage (visit) visa, or
2. settlement visa as fiance(e) or unmarried partner or spouse of a British citizen?

If (1) and if you stayed for more than 28 days in the UK as an overstyer, then the ban is in accordance with the immigration rules (320(7B)).
If (2), then the ban is unlawful by virtue of 320(7C).

regards

perll786
Newly Registered

Post by perll786 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 am

Thank u so much for reply.
i wanna apply for settlement visa. i ve read the paragraph 320(7C) u mentioned. my overstay is more than 28 days. can u explain me in simple that can i do something other than spending the ban time. thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:01 am

You need to be clearer. Have you just read about the ban or have you made an application to join your partner and been told you are banned?

perll786
Newly Registered

Post by perll786 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:02 pm

as i said 1st i applied for COA(certificate of approval) for marriage in june 2010. and before that i got married. i voluntarily returned to my country. when i was leaving uk, UKBA gave me letter 'notice to a person liable to removal' - (illigal enterants and section 10 administrative removal cases).
...and they said personally 'u ll b banned for 1 year and u can appeal as well.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: is it worth go in appeal against overstay ban?

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:04 pm

perll786 wrote:now i came back to my country to apply marriage visa from here but they imposed 1 year ban for overstaying
perll786 wrote:they said personally 'u ll b banned for 1 year and u can appeal as well.
Two completely different things!

If you apply for settlement visa, it cannot be refused for the reason of previous overstay (as stated in your posts), so please go ahead and apply.

regards