ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(O) - Has anybody used the online service?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

high_aimer

ILR Set(O) - Has anybody used the online service?

Post by high_aimer » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has used the online service for their set(o) application when you were applying in person? The form is very interactive and much easier to fill in. It also guides you at every section and explains exact requirements.

The only thing that is making me concious is that it is asking me for a payment before I go to the PEO without anybody reviewing the application to see if I've got all the required documents included.

Any thoughts?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:18 am

IMHO, don't use this "online" service if you are going to rely on UKBA staff to figure it out for you:
1. if you meet the requirements or not, or
2. whether your supporting documents are adequate or not,

and, if you do not have a "straightforward" application.

In such cases, the "ease of filling an interactive form" may soon be replaced with "pain of losing money" or "having to wait for UKBA to refund money"!

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Is the point 3 not in contradiction to the first two? If some body's application is "straightforward", they would have less chances of things going wrong which mean they could use the flexibility and ease offered by this online form?

Just a small point, otherwise I agree with your reasoning.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Oops, type error! missed "not a " in there! Edited.

Thanks for pointing it out!

regards

thatsy

Post by thatsy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Hello,

I went to the online link but couldn't find a way to fill the application online. The only option I'm given is to download the paper (PDF) Set (O) application, print and fill it out by hand. Am I missing something?

I notice you mention it's better to do it in person, which I'm happy to. Is it possible to book an appointment without submitting it online?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm

thatsy wrote:Is it possible to book an appointment without submitting it online?
Yes it is. See information under: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=72749

Additionally the UKBA URL for Account Login is given below (a link to it appears on the top right hand corner of the UKBA website home page):

https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/se ... %2faccount

thatsy

Post by thatsy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks. I'm assuming then that all SET(O) appointments are booked online but the SET(O) application itself is printed and filled out by hand to be taken to the PEO.