ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can we be away from the UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulgon

How long can we be away from the UK?

Post by gulgon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:23 pm

Withing 5 Years, what is the maximum time we can spend abroad, not to risk ILR? I am plannning to travel often for touristic reasons.

How do they really understand how long you have been away from the UK? I mean, the stamps are very confusing in most of the cases...

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: How long can we be away from the UK?

Post by Chess » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:05 am

gulgon wrote:Withing 5 Years, what is the maximum time we can spend abroad, not to risk ILR? I am plannning to travel often for touristic reasons.

How do they really understand how long you have been away from the UK? I mean, the stamps are very confusing in most of the cases...
You can be away for atotal of 6months - however; your period away in the last year should not exceed 3 months...

So tourism travel is OK
Where there is a will there is a way.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:23 pm

are they flexible, i mean when u apply for ILR after 5 years with 7-8 months of travel period outside uk but in the chunks of 15days to 1.5months i.e. less then 3 months, so do they consider for ILR or not.. coz i think its unfair to reject ilr just for the difference of 30+ days within the period of 5 years. Like in my case just today i got my EC with the visa date from the same day but i'll goto uk after 1 month, it means in the next 5 years i can spent just 5 months outside uk? plz guide

regards
faraz

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:02 pm

Your ILR clock will start ticking not from the date of your visa but from your date of entry into the country. From that point onwards, 5 years on you can apply for ILR.