ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unique012

Post by unique012 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Salaam everyone,

Hope ur all well, does anyone have a court letter from the AIT to let them know of the appeal date and they have to go to court?

Please let me know :-D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:45 pm

shahzad80 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
shahzad80 wrote:
dilseabbassi wrote:Hi guys havent been on here for a while, but just a quick question really....i got a letter of confirmation of my husbands appeal in jan, and it gave us a date for 2nd june to hear from them, im just wondering if there was any way or anybody i could contact to see what happening at the moment with regards to our appeal date ect? or do we litrally just have to sit and wait untill we hear from them again? many thanks

Do you think to make a fresh application as well.

I did this and in my lastest refusal,eco have to change refusal reasons for to 2 only.Now I am in a position to win easily. :lol:

Shahzad
Why make a fresh application.Its not as if she is loaded with money. She has already paid 110000 PKR. Why pay it twice only to be refused agai?. Doesnt make sense to me :roll:

paid 110000 pkr for what?

Thats way I said going for paper appeal free and to avoid a long wait fresh application is a good option if you can satisfy refusal reasons.

In my case,my first refusal was a very complex and difficult to win in appeal as well so now I have refusal with simple reasons easily to win.
I dont think I need solicitor for that.

Shahzad
Thats the fee that she would have paid for the first application. If she makes a fresh and subsequent application, she will have to pay same amount again. Only an appeal against the first decision is free (if she does it herself,otherwise an appeal via a solicitor will cost at least £500+ for his fee)

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Re: ECM

Post by Ali-jaan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:55 am

sabir2011 wrote:Salaams to all. My question is, What if we don't hear from the ECM within 3months of the appeal being lodged? How long the ECM has got to review their decision? Does it count the date from which appeal is lodged or when the Embassy receives or the appeal sent to them? Also, Is there any way we can find out if the ECM review has taken place or not?

Please kindly answer me. Allah (SWT) grants us all fruit of good intentions we have...Ameeeeeeeeeeeen
hi Sabir,

actually i think the maximum review timing is 12 weeks after lodged the appeal in my case they took full 12 weeks to review and after that they sent me call letter to re submit the passport. did u asked ur solicitor he requested to review the application when he lodged appeal?

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010
Lodged appeal = 05/11/2010
Received notice of pending appeal = 04/12/2010
Received call letter = 09/02/2011 (decision should be reviewed)
Re submitted passport = 18/02/2011
Collected with Visa = 03/03/2011

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:03 am

"Yaa rabbil lakal"hamdu kama yanbaghii lijalaali wajhika, wa'aziimi sultaanik."
"O my Lord, all praises be to You as it should be due to Your Might and the Greatness of Your Power."

Salaam all, My wife collected her passport today with Visa issued :D :D :D .

Subhan Allah, Masha Allah Im so gratefull that the long wait is over

Visa issued 2 weeks after handing in at Mirpur. :D :D
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:40 pm

[quote="K44MYY"]"Yaa rabbil lakal"hamdu kama yanbaghii lijalaali wajhika, wa'aziimi sultaanik."
"O my Lord, all praises be to You as it should be due to Your Might and the Greatness of Your Power."

[color=blue][size=18]Salaam all, My wife collected her passport today with Visa issued :D :D :D .[/size]
[/color]
Subhan Allah, Masha Allah Im so gratefull that the long wait is over[b]

[/b][/quote]

Ameen

and CONGRATULATIONS KAMMY..finally!!!what an exausting journey it has been....U DESERVE TO B HAPPY!!!...:)..so wen she cumin over then??

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:10 pm

K44MYY wrote:"Yaa rabbil lakal"hamdu kama yanbaghii lijalaali wajhika, wa'aziimi sultaanik."

AOA786

Bohat Boaht Mabrak Kamyyyy and i have one question from you that would you please tell us when and where you resubmitted your passport and what is the visa stamping date on passport?

Do dua for me as well because i resubmitted my passport last week and now waiting for visa inshallah.

Jazak Allah Khair.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:51 pm

K44MYY wrote:"Yaa rabbil lakal"hamdu kama yanbaghii lijalaali wajhika, wa'aziimi sultaanik."

This is definitly worth celebrating :P

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 pm

Sammad wrote:congrats kammy I am happy for you. About time eh? Enjoy your life with the Mrs. And don't forget to check up on us now and then.
Thanks to all for your kind words, without you I would be alone waiting in the dark, the members have helped me through my journey.

Sammad I'm always here and Insha Allah will be here to help and support others.

XnailaX CONGRATULATIONS KAMMY..finally!!!what an exausting journey it has been....U DESERVE TO B HAPPY!!!...Smile..so wen she cumin over then??

Thanks Naila, yeah it has been very tough and stressful. She coming in few weeks as has family wedding to attend. All the best
:D

tasawar Thanks Tasawar, handed it in Mirpur I will post full break up of dates.

batleykhan
Thank You Boss for your support in start which got me sorted, your the man Hats off to you. :D

Many Thanks to all members whom have supported me through this journey, it hasn't been easy as you all know however we have to keep strong. It is constantly on your mind and wondering what the outcome will be. Patience is the key to success.

All the best to the rest of you waiting and good luck to new applicants.
K44MYY

unique012

Post by unique012 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:29 pm

K44MYY

Congrats Kammy :D

sabir2011
Newly Registered

Mubarak

Post by sabir2011 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Dear Kaaamy

Mubarak! Congrats! Allah blesses you with good family life. Please remember us in dua's too

khan786

Post by khan786 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:11 pm

grats kammy, wish u both all the best with your marriage.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:04 pm

unique012 wrote:K44MYY

Congrats Kammy :D
Thanks unique012 for help and support.
sabir2011 wrote:Dear Kaaamy

Mubarak! Congrats! Allah blesses you with good family life. Please remember us in dua's too
Sabir2011 Kher Mubarak and all the best to you also.
khan786 wrote:grats kammy, wish u both all the best with your marriage.
Many thanks khan786 wish you all the best also.
K44MYY

fz158

Post by fz158 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Salam guys,

I am absolutely distraught. Honestly never have i ever felt so helpless and stressed beyond belief. My wifes case is as follows:

- Submitted case on 03 October 2010
- Rejected on 22 Jan 2011
- Letter from tribunal 01 March 2011
- Appeal docs to be submitted by 04 July 2011

- Reason for rejection; nikka nama is not valid because supposedly they couldnt find it in the NADRA records and supposedly you are also meant to have a Marriage Certificate issued along with Nikka Nama. Therefore not legally registered marriage and Nikka Nama a forgery equals not genuine marriage? although they did accept our wedding photos, etc as genuine as outlined in their own letter of rejection (total contradiction!)

- Appeal submitted through solicitor with letter from Union Council (Local Registry Office) confirming they have our marriage certificate in their records, affidavits from all witnesses in our marriage, have now had a mariiage certifcate made along with the original Nikka Nama, resubmitted wedding photos.

- My wifes case was absolutely watertight as I personally made sure of this when putting together all documents. I am Chartered Accountant, have house to live in, born here in UK, more than enough savings, I mean basically satisfy every criteria in the book but they still managed to find a reason to reject when there was none. I have had so many of my friends have their cases accepted just based on Nikka Nama. They even visited the Molvi Saab who solmnized the marriage if it was genuine and he confirmed this by showing him his records. My wife has also visited twice on visitor visas with all same documents submitted that were accepted on both occassions!

- They only had this sole reason for rejection but I have now got back letter from Tribunal saying 4 July 2011 is maximum date by which they have to submit their docs.

- Surely this is illegal, rejecting genuine cases? There must be something we can do as I cant face another 6-9 months without my wife :-(

I feel like somebody has died I am this sad. What can I do? Can i complain some where?

ANy help really appreciated

Zaki

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi Zaki

Sorry to hear about your wifes refusal.

However if you care to explain in exact detail the reason for the refusal ( as per the refusal notice)maybe we can understand why they have refused you.

The reasons you have given doesnt make sense. All you need to provide is the original nikkah nammah issued by your local Union Council when your marriage was solmenized.

You have to have this translated into English and attach it with the original urdu nikkah nammah. I dont get this bit about Nadra, I mean what did you supply from them with your application?.

I think they have refused it because one document will contradict another one that you supplied with it, which probally wasnt neccesary. Let us know exact wording of refusal before proceeding further.

Unfortunately you cant do much now that it has been refused, other than wait for the appeal and argue your point in a court of law. However it might not come to that if they review your case now that you have lodged an appeal, they may decide that they have madre the wrong decision at the time , in which case they might grant the visa sooner than you think.

At least coming to this forum, you will not be alone..... there are a lot of other people in the same boat as you here.

fz158

Post by fz158 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:48 pm

The exact decision was as follow:

“You have failed to provide satisfactory evidence that you and your sponsor have contracted a valid marriage. You state that you and your sponsor were married on 16 December 2008 as evidence of your claim you have submitted your marriage certificate and wedding photographs. However as part of the visa application process this office carries out a number of checks on each visa application submitted in this office. During the checks on your application it has been verified by the Union Council on 89, Main Colony Gulshan Rai in Lahore that your marriage has not be registered with them, this means that your marriage documents are not genuine as detailed in the Documents verification attached to our system. I am therefore not satisfied that you meet paragraph 281(i) (a) of HC 395.â€

sacha001
Newly Registered

Post by sacha001 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi everybody
My husband didnt get his visa unfortunately. Dont know the details yet..
But i had a view questions:
How long will it take maximum for decision of the appeal?
Does any1 know a courier who can send my paperr quicly to pakistan?
Plz help me.
Thnx!

rila
Newly Registered

Post by rila » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:58 pm

salaams

im new to this and would really appreciate some help

my wife's visa has been refused twice and i have appealed twice, i have been waiting for the tribunal to get back to me however instead of that i have received a third refusal

the confusion is that this refusal is identical to the second refusal except for the date, i contacted the tribunals service and they said that i should get a letter from them for an oral hearing and not a refusal from uk border agency (islamabad)...any help will be much appreciated

jazakallah

i applied for spouse settlement visa in Lahore 01/11/2009
refused 01/02/2010
appealed 10/02/2010
appeal withdrawn 09/07/2010
re-refused 19/08/2010
appeal to be processed by 28/02/2011

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to ask about call records for spouse visa.

My wife contacts me via "telenor" and i print her bills out via the net!

I call her via Lyca mobile and do the same from my side.

Will that be okay for the case??

Will they accept those records??

If not then what is the best way for proof of contact?

I also keep my cards and have circled the payment when i top up by my debit card. Shes has kept her cards aswel.

thank you.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:00 pm

fz158 wrote:Salam guys,

I am absolutely distraught. Honestly never have i ever felt so helpless and stressed beyond belief. My wifes case is as follows:

- Submitted case on 03 October 2010
- Rejected on 22 Jan 2011
- Letter from tribunal 01 March 2011
- Appeal docs to be submitted by 04 July 2011

- Reason for rejection; nikka nama is not valid because supposedly they couldnt find it in the NADRA records and supposedly you are also meant to have a Marriage Certificate issued along with Nikka Nama. Therefore not legally registered marriage and Nikka Nama a forgery equals not genuine marriage? although they did accept our wedding photos, etc as genuine as outlined in their own letter of rejection (total contradiction!)

- Appeal submitted through solicitor with letter from Union Council (Local Registry Office) confirming they have our marriage certificate in their records, affidavits from all witnesses in our marriage, have now had a mariiage certifcate made along with the original Nikka Nama, resubmitted wedding photos.

- My wifes case was absolutely watertight as I personally made sure of this when putting together all documents. I am Chartered Accountant, have house to live in, born here in UK, more than enough savings, I mean basically satisfy every criteria in the book but they still managed to find a reason to reject when there was none. I have had so many of my friends have their cases accepted just based on Nikka Nama. They even visited the Molvi Saab who solmnized the marriage if it was genuine and he confirmed this by showing him his records. My wife has also visited twice on visitor visas with all same documents submitted that were accepted on both occassions!

- They only had this sole reason for rejection but I have now got back letter from Tribunal saying 4 July 2011 is maximum date by which they have to submit their docs.

- Surely this is illegal, rejecting genuine cases? There must be something we can do as I cant face another 6-9 months without my wife :-(

I feel like somebody has died I am this sad. What can I do? Can i complain some where?

ANy help really appreciated

Zaki

Asa!
I am so sorry to hear about your situation:(
I think the reason they rejected your wife's visa was that you didn't get a NADRA Nikah Nama made.Even I didn't know about this until a few days back when I went to change my ID Card.I think from now on you have to get your marriage registered with NADRA.For this you have to go to your Union Council where they give you a form which you have to fill and then your details are entered into the NADRA database.It takes 15 days but if you have "jaan pehchaan" in UC then only 3 days!!! :(

Then the NADRA people issue you another marriage certificate which says Govt of Pakistan on the top and issues your marriage a particular number which the peeps at the UK and US embassies(probably) just punch in to confirm whether your marriage is valid or not.Previosuly you just had to give your original Urdu and English NN's but now this is mandatory too.I know its frustrating and silly and stupid...but thats the way it is now:(

May Allah give you lots of patience...Allah kay har kaam mein masliyat hoti hai.
Regards

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:10 pm

sacha001 wrote:Hi everybody
Plz help me.
Thnx!
Asa!
Sorry to hear about that:( I dont know anything about appeals.Batley Khan and other members will be able to help you with that:)
But about the courier, my husband sent me some documents via Fedex.He sent them on the 22nd and I received them on the 26th.It cost him about 65 pounds because the package was a little over 1kg.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

anaya786
Newly Registered

Post by anaya786 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:10 pm

MOJOJO[QUOTE/]InshAllah you will hear good news soon!:)
Make lots of dua!...thanks a bunch for your moral support sis...they say 12 weeks max so I guess one should stay put for 12 weeks and start worrying majorly when the 13th starts:D [QUOTE] hey u call me sis aswell n den u say thankew:P...u dunt say thankew 2 ur sistrz:)... yeh ur ryt dere,hav 2 b patient for 12 weeks bt im 2 worriied..it scares me though coz its nw 10 weeks snce my husband handed over his doc....khair evryfin will b oryt...ALLAH PEY CHOR DIYA HAI SUBB KUCH!!

anaya786
Newly Registered

Post by anaya786 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Plz help me.
Thnx!
ahhhh sow sorry 2 hear bout da rejection...May ALLAH giv u sabr AMIN!!!I ws lukin 4wad 2 ur decision cz urs tuk ages....it ws a long w8 4 u...INSHALLAH evrythng will be sorted out @ da end of da day....i knw its easy sayin bt hard practisin k hav patience but evrythng will b ok by da will of ALMIGHTY!!!do share ur reasons of rejection asap plz!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Plz help me.
Thnx!
If your husband was refused in Pakistan, why on earth do you want to send any docs to Pakistan for?. Also what are these docs you want to send?.

All the appeal formalities take place in UK. All you need from your hubby is teh original refusal notice to start preparing your appeal HERE IN UK!!!!!.

Once you have completed appeal forms, it is sent here to IAT or UKBA in Croydon........nothing further happens in Pakistan

The maximum time it can take for teh appeal is 6 months and if you suceed then add a couple more months to get visa......therefore you are looking between 8-10 months at the most