ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

The Husband
Newly Registered

Wife visit visa

Post by The Husband » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Hello.

I am a British Citizen my wife is from Africa.

We have been married 5 years now and have two kids british.

I live with her in her country but come back every year to work a few month then return.

It takes it toll -not seeing kids and all.

Was wandering what my chances are of me getting a long term 3, 5 or 10 year visit visa for her so when i come to work she can come with me.

We dont really want to settle just spend about 5 or 6 months a year in the uk, what are my chances of this type of visa being granted.

Thankyou

The Husband
Newly Registered

Post by The Husband » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Ok, how about this one then.

What are the things that would prove that a visitor to the uk would go back to their home country and not stay in the UK.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:43 pm

The Husband wrote:Ok, how about this one then.

What are the things that would prove that a visitor to the uk would go back to their home country and not stay in the UK.
Strong ties with the home country / country of residence.

It will be better and helpful for others too if you continue under one topic.

regards