ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Passport Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SubChand1
Newly Registered

UK Passport Application

Post by SubChand1 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:00 pm

Hi

I am applying for British Passport based on my naturalisation. I have few question, could some one help me on this please.

I am Indian national naturalised with 4 WP + 1 ILR. My parents(old) and grand parents(ceased) are all indians.

1. In the UKPS passport application form, it states if the parents were born after 31 Dec 1982 or were born abroad then include grandparents details aswell.

Its impossible for me to find those, as there are no documents or no one who knows these details inculding my parents. What can I do?.

2. My parents date of marriage, does it have to be accurate, as my parents are well old and can't remember that.

Any help on this much appreicated.

Thanks
SubChand

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:19 pm

Neither of those is relevant to you because your application is based on naturalisation, not descent. You can leave both blank. I did and had no problem with mine.

Theres been a bit of confusion about this, some versions of the application form tell you about this and some dont.

SubChand1
Newly Registered

Post by SubChand1 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:36 pm

thanks for that tekaweni.
So can I completely ignore section 4? or fill the names and date of birth, and ignore the 'date of marriage to father' box.

will they reject my application if I do so?

Regards
SubChand

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:05 pm

Theres no harm in filling in the info you do have i.e. names and birth dates, but you dont need to.

I'd strongly advise you to use the Post Office's "check and send" facility, for about £5 (cant remember exactly) they check your application is correctly filled in and send it off for you.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:33 pm

similar experience here

i did put down dob for my parents, and an estimate of their marriage dates, but did not put down their passport details. got no problems, received red passport a week later.

do go for the check and send service, well worth the money