ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay to issue COS for tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:05 pm

and which category were you switching from?

clippedw

Post by clippedw » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:06 pm

arsenal49 wrote:and which category were you switching from?
PSW

treefriend

MARCH COS

Post by treefriend » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:57 am

hify_hify wrote:Job title is Programmer
My employer applied for my COS which is going to be considered by March Panel. Details provided

Job Title: Sofware Engineer
Salary: 24k
Job Nature: Non-shortage
Worked for the same employer for 6 months

My PSW expires on the 9th of march.

After going thru all of your posts in this topic, it seems that my employer would not get COS for me as my salary is far below than 36k.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance

keikeichris

Re: MARCH COS

Post by keikeichris » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:17 pm

treefriend wrote:
My employer applied for my COS which is going to be considered by March Panel. Details provided

After going thru all of your posts in this topic, it seems that my employer would not get COS for me as my salary is far below than 36k.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance
I am in the same situation: 24K, same jOb over 6 month, Sou Japanese Chef.. and sent my COS urgent yesterday...PSW exp 6mar !!
dont stop believing my frd it will go thru! I know this board helps a lot of ppl... Keep and open mind.
Nothing is impossible !! Chanting alot!
Please update everyone!!

Many thanks !

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:21 pm

clippedw wrote:
Genuinealb wrote:Hi all,

How come my employer got a CoS on the january panel with a salary of 22k?
Was I lucky or the UKBA didn't see it?

Anyway I am still in deep sh... because my work pemit visa had expired when I got the CoS.
I sent the application anyway with a covering letter.

God help us all.

I think you stated before that you qualified under transitional arrangements. If that's the case then that explains it. Anyway good luck with your current issue
Hi there is it possible to have a look of your covering letter? I am doing my application..( cross out any important things) but It would be a great support for me thanks a lot..
Regards

treefriend

Re: MARCH COS

Post by treefriend » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:27 am

keikeichris wrote:
treefriend wrote:

Any advice?
Thanks in advance
I am in the same situation: 24K, same jOb over 6 month, Sou Japanese Chef.. and sent my COS urgent yesterday...PSW exp 6mar !!
dont stop believing my frd it will go thru! I know this board helps a lot of ppl... Keep and open mind.
Nothing is impossible !! Chanting alot!
Please update everyone!!

Many thanks !
Chris,
I think we had spoken before when we both were applying for PSW. Or i may be confusing u with someone else.

Plz do let us know about ur outcome. I will certainly share mine.

keikeichris

Exceptional consideration !! need help !!

Post by keikeichris » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:46 pm

hify_hify wrote:
pricesoft wrote:As hsyasin said, it is a tricky one.

If you are in the UK,I'll suggest that you go to the appeal armed with the COS you have just been issued. Not sure whether you are going for the oral appeal or the written appeal, but in any case you ideally want to make sure that the arguments are along the lines that there was a delay with the UKBA issuing the COS but that you've now got it. I don't know what your chances are and I wouldnt want to speculate.

If the appeal is allowed with the COS, then fine, otherwise you can then send in a new tier2 application with the same COS you have just been issued. You might need to return to your home country to re-apply though. Very importantly, keep in mind that the COS must be used within 3 months from date of issue I think, so you need to make sure that whatever you decide to do with the COS is done within that time. If the appeal isn't decided within that time, withdraw the appeal and put in a new application from your home country.

If you are applying from outside the UK, I would suggest that you just send in a new application as you likely to get your visa faster that way. Appeals can take a while to decide.

Please don't take my advice very seriously and endeavour o still seek advice from the moderators on this forum.
@pricesoft - Just wondering if you can share how you resolved this issue? did you make new application within or outside the UK or probably went for the appeal with your COS. Please could you share your experience if you are still in this forum. thanks.
Hi there, thanks for reply as I am going mad with all these stuff.
I sent my exceptional consideration on 25th and got rejection on the 26th. Straight away almost but they did say that they will put forward to the March 4th panel but my VISA finish 6th March.. I just duno what to do. send my application anyway, together with a covering letter (which I need to know how to write, can someone help ???) THEN, when they reject my application, I should get the result from MARCH PANEL..and appeal my application (with COS if they issue it within March, before the Law change APRIL)
OR
Apply from my Home country (mean while my employer will contuniing request for additional allocation) until its done then I come back apply in Hong Kong with a COS. BUT then I am not in the PSW anymore...
I need your help..!! Thanks for reading..

Hope everyone will get it.... Stay strong!! positive!!
BUt I need some answer and guidence!
Thank you again !!

Chris
0798219 7208

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Genuinealb wrote:Hi all,

How come my employer got a CoS on the january panel with a salary of 22k?
Was I lucky or the UKBA didn't see it?
Anyway I am still in deep sh... because my work pemit visa had expired when I got the CoS.
I sent the application anyway with a covering letter.

God help us all.
I am praying a lot but May I ask if it would be possible to have a look of your covering letter as I am considering doing the same thing U did. Send my application without COS with a covering letter asking if possible to wait until the result comes out. ..BUt I do have a question is that overstaying does it affects PSW switching to Tier 2 General ???
After receiving your first rejection from your application (due to without COS), then did UKBA say u can re-apply again or Appeal ??? eventho your VISA had expired? Thank you so much
Hope all is well!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:23 am

I am praying a lot but May I ask if it would be possible to have a look of your covering letter as I am considering doing the same thing U did. Send my application without COS with a covering letter asking if possible to wait until the result comes out. ..BUt I do have a question is that overstaying does it affects PSW switching to Tier 2 General ???
After receiving your first rejection from your application (due to without COS), then did UKBA say u can re-apply again or Appeal ??? eventho your VISA had expired? Thank you so much
Hope all is well!
if you send an app without COS then all you doing is making sure your stay in the country remains legal.

if you dont send them a cos by the time your app is considered by caseworker, then you will get a refusal.

in all likelihood, you will get right to appeal but no judge would reverse the decision of ukba so, ultimately, you will have to leave country and apply from home.

navedkhane

Re: Exceptional consideration !! need help !!

Post by navedkhane » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:13 pm

keikeichris wrote:
hify_hify wrote:

If you are in the UK,I'll suggest that you go to the appeal armed with the COS you have just been issued. Not sure whether you are going for the oral appeal or the written appeal, but in any case you ideally want to make sure that the arguments are along the lines that there was a delay with the UKBA issuing the COS but that you've now got it. I don't know what your chances are and I wouldnt want to speculate.

If the appeal is allowed with the COS, then fine, otherwise you can then send in a new tier2 application with the same COS you have just been issued. You might need to return to your home country to re-apply though. Very importantly, keep in mind that the COS must be used within 3 months from date of issue I think, so you need to make sure that whatever you decide to do with the COS is done within that time. If the appeal isn't decided within that time, withdraw the appeal and put in a new application from your home country.

If you are applying from outside the UK, I would suggest that you just send in a new application as you likely to get your visa faster that way. Appeals can take a while to decide.

Please don't take my advice very seriously and endeavour o still seek advice from the moderators on this forum.
@pricesoft - Just wondering if you can share how you resolved this issue? did you make new application within or outside the UK or probably went for the appeal with your COS. Please could you share your experience if you are still in this forum. thanks.
I sent my exceptional consideration on 25th and got rejection on the 26th. Straight away almost but they did say that they will put forward to the March 4th panel but my VISA finish 6th March.. I just duno what to do. send my application anyway, together with a covering letter (which I need to know how to write, can someone help ???) THEN, when they reject my application, I should get the result from MARCH PANEL..and appeal my application (with COS if they issue it within March, before the Law change APRIL)
OR
Apply from my Home country (mean while my employer will contuniing request for additional allocation) until its done then I come back apply in Hong Kong with a COS. BUT then I am not in the PSW anymore...

Thank you again !!

Chris
0798219 7208

Hi Chris,

Could tell us what was the reason they have given for rejection. What was your Job Title and Salary.

Regards

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:07 pm

arsenal49 wrote:
Hope all is well!
if you send an app without COS then all you doing is making sure your stay in the country remains legal.

if you dont send them a cos by the time your app is considered by caseworker, then you will get a refusal.

in all likelihood, you will get right to appeal but no judge would reverse the decision of ukba so, ultimately, you will have to leave country and apply from home.

Thx for the advice, so all things consider. If I do get the COS after I have sent my application then how would I send my COS number to UKBA? additional information? PLease advice.. Also should I include a covering letter?

Hopefully it will get thru before a case worker.. after 4th March!! I need this COS... THey didnt even give any reason for my first rejection. perhaps Feb panel and allocation has been reached!
regards
Chris

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:10 pm

navedkhane wrote:
keikeichris wrote:
hify_hify wrote:

OR

Thank you again !!

Chris
0798219 7208

Hi Chris,

Could tell us what was the reason they have given for rejection. What was your Job Title and Salary.

Regards
I've asked my employer but they didnt seems to have a reason for the rejection but promising it will pass on to the 4th March panel, which I am glad. THinking of sending additional information again apart from the first letter. 24K 'Chef' Code of Pratice (5434) ..Man I love cooking!!
Hope eveyrone will get thru...

Regards
Chris

navedkhane

Post by navedkhane » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:20 pm

keikeichris wrote:
navedkhane wrote:
keikeichris wrote:
hify_hify wrote:
OR

Thank you again !!

Chris
0798219 7208

Hi Chris,

Regards
I've asked my employer but they didnt seems to have a reason for the rejection but promising it will pass on to the 4th March panel, which I am glad. THinking of sending additional information again apart from the first letter. 24K 'Chef' Code of Pratice (5434) ..Man I love cooking!!

Regards
Chris
Then it looks like to me that they have just refused to issue urgent COS outside of panel meeting and informed your employer that it will be considered in March panel meeting. Is it correct?

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:51 pm

navedkhane wrote:
keikeichris wrote:
navedkhane wrote:
keikeichris wrote:
OR

Thank you again !!

Chris
0798219 7208

Hi Chris,

Regards

Regards
Chris
Then it looks like to me that they have just refused to issue urgent COS outside of panel meeting and informed your employer that it will be considered in March panel meeting. Is it correct?

Correct my frd..what is your situation then? If u dont mind explaining..thx

navedkhane

Post by navedkhane » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Correct my frd..what is your situation then? If u dont mind explaining..thx[/quote]

I am on PSW, however my employer is not tier 2 license holder and also not wiling to sponsor me. I don't qualify for Tier 1 due to low salary. So no hopes after PSW visa expires.

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am

navedkhane wrote:Correct my frd..what is your situation then? If u dont mind explaining..thx
I am on PSW, however my employer is not tier 2 license holder and also not wiling to sponsor me. I don't qualify for Tier 1 due to low salary. So no hopes after PSW visa expires.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that man. maybe a change in empolyment will help or apply for a job in a smiliar industry or competetor? Thats all I can think of....hope it helps..
Regards
Chris

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:20 pm

I thought this might help you guys as well.

I just spoke to UKBA at 08706067766 and explained that my visa expires on 9th of Mar and what are my options if my employer does not get COS on the time. Operator said that I can make the application even without the COS only if my employer has applied for the COS which can be send at later date.

Thanks

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:52 am

treefriend wrote:I thought this might help you guys as well.

I just spoke to UKBA at 08706067766 and explained that my visa expires on 9th of Mar and what are my options if my employer does not get COS on the time. Operator said that I can make the application even without the COS only if my employer has applied for the COS which can be send at later date.

Would that risking refusal? Thank you so much for your advice. I am truely greatful. did they say how long they would wait for?
Regards
Chris

Thanks

vp327
Newly Registered

vp327

Post by vp327 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 am

i am a physio working in a private hospital. My employer applied for COS according to the instruction from Home office to apply through exceptional consideration. My visa expire on 4th april. If anyone get the COS after the panel meeting in March...please post the result...

vp327
Newly Registered

Post by vp327 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:35 am

please go through this link...for those who applied for cos before25th Feb,2011....

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rangements

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 am

vp327 wrote:please go through this link...for those who applied for cos before25th Feb,2011....

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rangements
Thanks for the link. Very helpful indeed.

How UKBA informs about the COS outcome? Post or Email

vp327
Newly Registered

Post by vp327 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 pm

i think first they will send an e-mail to to the Authorising officer, they will upload the COS on your sms (sponsor management system) and they will send by post as well..

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:54 pm

vp327 wrote:i think first they will send an e-mail to to the Authorising officer, they will upload the COS on your sms (sponsor management system) and they will send by post as well..
According to the link above, COS outcomes will not be out until 11/March. My visa expires on 9th of March and both I and my my CEO are anxious. Dont know what to do except to wait for the magic email with COS in it.

vp327
Newly Registered

Post by vp327 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:44 pm

if you get any information regarding the COS...please post it here ASAP...

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:03 am

treefriend wrote:
vp327 wrote:i think first they will send an e-mail to to the Authorising officer, they will upload the COS on your sms (sponsor management system) and they will send by post as well..
According to the link above, COS outcomes will not be out until 11/March. My visa expires on 9th of March and both I and my my CEO are anxious. Dont know what to do except to wait for the magic email with COS in it.
Sending my Application without COS today. With a covering letter from my employer and a personal letter. my VISA exp tomorrow. Good luck everyone.. Hope everything will be fine.
Are u sending yours too? with COS next week or so?
Let us know..any movements.. Thx again !
Chris