ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problems of one year visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dokwal
BANNED

Problems of one year visa

Post by dokwal » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:55 am

Dear Sir

I am holding Highly skill migration visa , which leads to british passport in 4 years subjec to no recourse on public funds .

As per this scheme initially one year visa is given then 3 years subject no recourse on public finds

i hope this will clear your concern of my long term availability.

regards

Dokwal sushil

--- HAP Cambridge - HPS <HAPCambridgeEmailConverter@hays-ap.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your applications Sushil,
>
> As your visa only runs until 2005 and my clients are
> looking to recruit on a
> permanent (long term basis) I am unable to proceed
> with your applications.
> I wish you luck with your other applications.
>
> Regards
>
> Jan Bradshaw
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: dokwal0701@yahoo.com
> [mailto:dokwal0701@yahoo.com]
> Sent: 24 June 2004 13:22
> To: cambridge@hays-ap.co.uk
> Subject: JOB APP - FAO Jan Bradshaw (Re: 37680
> PartQual Management Acct)
>
>
> The following applicant has applied for one of your
> positions advertised on:
> HaysPersonnel.com
>
> Consultant name: Jan Bradshaw
> Position applied for: PartQual Management Acct
> Job reference: 37680
>
> Applicant's name: Sushil Dokwal
> Mobile telephone: 0968009824602
> Home Telephone:
> Work Telephone:
> Email: dokwal0701@yahoo.com
> Message:
>
>

fomar

Post by fomar » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:25 am

If Someone holding HSMP Visa for one year and he/she managed to work on contract basis for almost one year, does this help in renewing the visa for further 3 years.

But what if he/she has just worked for 6 months during the first year, does this mean economically active.

raoms
Member of Standing

job

Post by raoms » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:06 am

dokwal,
its seems that the agent is rejecting your application. Sometimes these agents gives big pain. They don't pass the CV to their client. If you can somehow catch the client directly, it would help a lot. This could be done easily if you are in UK.
I have also applied to about 50 agents so far BIG ZERO is the response. my specialization is in unix administration. Still I kept the hopes alive.

raoms
Member of Standing

renewal

Post by raoms » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:15 am

fomar,
Work in either contract or permanent jobs, you can apply/eligible for renewal. Working and earning is important (without claiming any monitory help from govt.).

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:45 am

Dowkal,

This is not the case of all consultants. Some of them knows little on HSMP.

Don't mention the expiry date of VISA on your CV. If any consultants ask, tell them confidently, this visa is initially for one year, and possible to extend for another 3 years.

And, as you are on HSMP, 60% of chances are there to get permenant jobs else, you can do contract/temp. jobs which is very easy to get, and payscale / hour is much higher than permanent jobs.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:25 pm

My spouse is having problems getting jobs with dependent's visa, interview goes well and then they are impressed but once they see visa they state that they are not sure of eligibility to work in the UK.

Some are willing to check with Home office but are still hesitant while others (including 6 month contract jobs) state that they are not sure of eligibility to work.

I requested a letter from HO explicitly stating that we have permission to work, I don't know if they'll oblige.

I also thinking of including copies of the guidance notes whenever we send copies of our visas to employers.

Any suggestions/comments
'In everything give thanks'

baskey

Post by baskey » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:50 pm

hi ofcharity/ job hunters,

Recently i have met Jobcoach ( people to help job hunters) on the jobcenter. The person on the job coach is telling me that in UK, it is not common to include personal details including date of birth, nationality and work permit status marriage status etc.. He modified my resume without these information and seems to get better responses. Because employer by seeing local address assumes that one have valid work permit. Even if some consultants ask, just i am replying i have work permit under skilled migation and they don't go deep into that issue. In fact all knows abt HSMP.

May be others can tell their opinions in this issues. Also he suggests to include only to previouse company name alone without country or address. He says, it is better atleast the consultant or employer should call you to ask for further details and it is good opportunity to explain rather than adding all additional info on the resume...

Hope to hear others opinion to prepare a good CV.

Regds,

tech
Member of Standing

Spouse

Post by tech » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:23 am

OFCHARITY
I thought a spouse should show his/her visa along with HSMP Main applicant visa.
HSMP applicant visa
Dependent visa
Marriage certificate (If necessary)

Try the above combination, it might work. More paperwork makes companies happy and confident.

Of course , letter from home office would be a much better proof.
IF you do get one, let us know

Good luck.