ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office Policy on email and telephone!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angelica

Home office Policy on email and telephone!

Post by Angelica » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:58 am

Hi everyone,

I have read the UKBA documentations several times and cannot just figure this out.

1) How do they use our email address?

2) When can they contact us(applicants) by telephone or emails?

3) do anybody know anywhere where they state that?

Cheers

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:24 am

its highly unlikely they will contact you on your email address or telephone.

the most common mode of communication is 2nd class post via royal mail!

cheers.

ps. i only have experience of submitting apps for student visa and psw. thats why i am saying what im saying. Might be different for settlement visas etc etc

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:59 am

Thanks Arsenal49(unbeaten 49 record!)

Thats NOT really what i meant.

Is any of their policy guidance state anything about the way they contact us?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:17 am

Why is it you want to know? I don't think that it is written anywhere. I just know that it is unusual for them to contact applicants by email or phone. If they contact you at all it is by letter.

ruebabe
Newly Registered

Post by ruebabe » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:04 pm

usually when they will send you an email if they want more information regarding your application before they can make a decision.it could be a request for new photos or banks statements. in my case they send me an email asking for a new set of bank statements as the one i had where not acceptable.

hope that helps and hopefully i have answered yo question

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:14 am

Cheers folks.

I was looking for a way to nail them in court thats why i am looking for it.

I knew they hardly contact people by email or phone. I was just looking for where they wrote something similar to that but found NONE.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:19 am

Angelica wrote:Cheers folks.

I knew they hardly contact people by email or phone. I was just looking for where they wrote something similar to that but found NONE.
What exactly are you trying to argue? If you explain a bit more people might be able to help you.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Greenie wrote:

What exactly are you trying to argue? If you explain a bit more people might be able to help you.
Its a long time issue and will be in the court shortly. The legal team is working but i am just doing an independent research.

The issue is inabilty of applicant to provide telephone numbers in a Tier 4 application which THEN render the application invalid. Si i want to know if they state it anywhere their policy on the use of applicant's email and telephone number. Did you get it? What will be the consequences of NOT providing one?

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Angelica wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Its a long time issue and will be in the court shortly. The legal team is working but i am just doing an independent research.

The issue is inabilty of applicant to provide telephone numbers in a Tier 4 application which THEN render the application invalid. Si i want to know if they state it anywhere their policy on the use of applicant's email and telephone number. Did you get it? What will be the consequences of NOT providing one?
This will be an intresting one!!

I can't see how HO can say application is invalid, just because of no contact number. I hope email was provided in the application.

Plz keep us in loop.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Angelica wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Is the actual reason the application was deemed invalid because the applicant failed to provide a telephone number or was there another problem with the validity of the application (e.g. payment) and because there was no telephone number available for it to be rectified, the application was rejected as invalid?

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:53 am

Its strange but that is the reason.

It was almost 2 years NOW. At that time telephone numbers was in the mandatory section. They later made it ''optional'' within the mandatory section.

Very very strange.