ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child registration while Citizenship application in process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

star07
Newly Registered

Child registration while Citizenship application in process

Post by star07 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:15 pm

I want to apply for my children registration (MN1). My son born in U.K 2007 and my daughter born out side uk in 2005. We both as parents have ILR from Jan 2010.
Curently as main applicant my citizenship application (AN1) is in process and it looks that it will taker longer then normal time due to external checks.
My question is that can I apply for my both children registration now.

cheers.

star07
:D

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Why do you think it will take longer due to external checks?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:48 am

You may apply for registration of UK-born-child as a British citizen at any time, as he is entitled to be registered under section 1(3) of BNA 1981.

For you born-abroad-child, whose registration as British citizen under section 3(1) of BNA 1981 will be subject to discretion, I would suggest that you apply after you are naturalised (9.17.9).

regards

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:38 am

sushdmehta wrote:You may apply for registration of UK-born-child as a British citizen at any time, as he is entitled to be registered under section 1(3) of BNA 1981.

For you born-abroad-child, whose registration as British citizen under section 3(1) of BNA 1981 will be subject to discretion, I would suggest that you apply after you are naturalised (9.17.9).

regards
although it'd be financially prudent to wait for OP's BC and then apply for 2 children at the same time (currently £600 versus £1000).

star07
Newly Registered

Post by star07 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks sushdmehta,Ukpl I will wait for my application approval then will apply for children registration.
Glauco, I applied on 22nd Jan 2011 and called UKBA few days back. They said application is under external checks and off the shelf (it means they have taken off application from normal line). My case should be very straight forward as doing professional jobs from last 5 years without any break and have clean record. In this forum I have read somewhere that some specific nationalties need more checks then other. I think this question should clear whether this is true or not.

star07